Chapter 12

12 February 2025

Amara's POV

"Chantelle." Chun said, I was surprised to see her again. How does she even know my address... "We need to talk." I let her in, we took a seat in the lounge and for a while she was silent. I'm not sure if I should engage in any conversation with her, but she was the one who came looking for me so I sat there waiting for her to speak, "Stay away from my cousin." She said this in an almost emotionless expression, "Why?" I questioned because this was random and unexpected because there's nothing happening between me and him that she should worry about, 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕...

"Wèishéme rénmen yào ràng wǒ de gōngzuò biàn dé kùnnán." (Why do people need to make my job difficult.) she whispered underneath her breath. I couldn't understand what she said but it sounded sharp and aggressive. Which was enough for me to presume that she was getting irritated and maybe it was time to make a run for it. "Just do this and you won't get hurt." She leaned in closer and I could feel my body going numb, "How did you find my address?" I managed to say back "Couple back shots can get anyone to talk." I was taken back by her response, "Look girly any man would do anything for 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆." "Who is any man?" I asked still confused by what was happening, "Tyrique." She said as she sat back carefully in her seat, "He gave me your address and got a gift in return." She had the biggest grin plastered all over her face. My stomach was doing jumping Jack's right now. How could she proud of that. Sleeping with a guy for an address 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒅...

As she stood up to leave this is what she said,"This was a friendly warning. Next time we won't be so nice." Then she was gone. Was that a threat I just heard? And who is we? Ain't it just her I was talking to? I'm so lost and why should I stay away from him. What's going on...

She was scary though, when I had first met her she was all rainbows and sunshine but now she's as cold as a place in Antarctica. If everybody keeps saying that I should stay away, maybe it's time I do that. I had closed my laptop, packed away all the pictures and dozed off into the next day.

The next day...

I could feel Chun's eyes on me all day. I made it my mission to avoid looking or talking to Kai. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm weird now especially after asking to be his friend. My life right now is a whole mess, and I'm sure I look ridiculous with all this ducking and hiding but I'm still new in my opinion. I can't be beefing with people especially someone who is liked and popular like her...

"Whats up with you?" A deep and raspy voice asked from behind me. Before i could reply, I felt a pair of strong hands on my waist pulling me into a pitch dark room. "What's that for?" I asked annoyed due to the current circumstance that I was in. Then the lights went on, "Princess-" I went into panic mode, so I tired escaping"I have to go." As I turned around to exit, he was standing right in front of the door. 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒌

"Kai please move." He just looked at me with those dark coffee eyes that had a glint of light in them almost like a drop of almond milk being poured in the cup 𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒆 "Kai..." I called out in hopes that he'd get the message "Yes princess." "Move-" "No. You listen" he stated, i wanted to say more but the words were not present, it was as though I was a kid again that couldn't manage to speak. I was just shocked by his response, "Why are you avoiding me all of a sudden?" He quizzed. He looked hurt which made me feel bad. Then he took his thumb and brushed my bottom lip, "You weren't like this on Monday." He stared at my lips then back at my eyes. I was weak in the knees just by his touch, I couldn't speak and he knew the effect he had on me so which caused his frown to merge into a smirk, "Talk to me princess." He gestured, waiting for me to let it out "I-i- I shouldn't be talking to you." He wrapped his right arm around my waist forcing me closer to him, gripping tighter around my waist as though I would fall over if he were to let go of me. "Now that you're more comfortable, you can talk." I inhaled deeply "Kai..." i barely let that out because we were in such close proximity which just restricted my ability to make any sound "I'm all ears princess."