Lecture

Mae pov:

As I go downstairs both of my parents are sitting in the den on the couch together.

The den:

"Take a seat"

"Take a seat". Dad said 

As I did dad started talking. God,  sitting was the last thing i wanted to do.

"Mae as you already know what you did today was highly unacceptable...You broke many rules and on top of that skipped classes which lead up to you overall getting punished." Dad stated in a calm but serious manner.

As I looked down at the ground, Ashamed . Papi spoke.

"mae, mírame" ( Look at me)

As I looked up at him you could tell by my facial expression I was upset at myself. In which I was,  I am always getting myself into trouble.

"Even though we are disappointed, we're not disappointed in you but by your actions Mae. We know you know better, especially cursing at teachers and skipping class mi amor (my love) . We don't and we have never cursed at you or around you because growing up as an adult cursing doesn't make you look good. Especially because your a sweet girl. Then skipping classes isn't and option either. Things in life will get tough and it will be difficult sometimes, but there is no other way around the hurdles expect jumping over them mi amor . Papi said calmly 

"Your grades are also a big thing too Mae Flower... Putting B's for every answer or not trying can't be a thing we do in the future okay? ("Okay"I say) And if you need help on reading or on Spanish you know your papi and I will be more than willing to help you with it. We know reading is a struggle but you have to get through it love, And in Spanish you know your papi just as much as I do and you know he will put anything aside to help you with Spanish Princess." Dad said in his normal empathic voice.

I wanted to cry, and yes I sounded like a baby but it's true. I hate making my parents disappointed. 

As I tried to push back tears it was already to late as a few slipped from my eyes. 

Then dad spoke " You know we love you right?" 

"Yes" I say as I wipe my tears with my sleeve 

"We just want the best for you Mi amor." Papi Says Softly 

"Come" Dad said as he patted the space between him and Papi 

As I walked over and sat between them Dad kissed my forehead and grabbed my hands in his

"We just want you to behave and be the Mae that we know, not the Mae that's acting out at school or skipping classes and failing and not asking for help. We want the Mae that is kind, smart, empathetic and respectful and so much more. It would take me years for your papi and I  to name all them." Dad says as he wipes away my tears.

"More like decades" Papi jokes as he strokes my hair.

"Do you understand what you did wrong and how moving forward you can learn from this?"Dad asked calmly as he lifts my chin to look into his eye.

"Yes I understand what I did wrong and how I can learn from it." I say giving a slight smile

"Good but your still grounded." Papi says smirking as he strokes my hair.

"Yes I know" I sigh a little 

"Good" Dad says as he kisses my forehead and then papi kisses my forehead 

"Now go finish writing the apology note for Ms.Green." Papi says 

"Okay." I say as I get up and walk up the stairs, half way up the stairs I hear dad 

"I want to read it after." Dad exclaims loud enough so i can hear.

"Okayyyyy" I yell back down the staircase.

Well what's gonna happen now. I still have in school for a week and apparently a new boy is coming into town in 2 days so let's see!

 💕 I will be posting one or 2 short chapter's tomorrow or just a long one.