Art Gallery Pt.2

Mae pov:

I'm silent all the way to Matthews Art gallery. My parents are just talking to him about the art gallery.

Once we get there, there're tons of people. A few....I think.... judges? Walking around and a stadium with matthews name on it to set up.

"I guess this is where I set up my painting at."Matthew says smirking 

"Yea but they kinda spelt your name wrong." I say as I giggle a little

"Yea I will have to tell them that." Matthew says shaking his head.

They spelt it Mathew Garica Peterson.  I mean hey at least they got Peterson right. 

How it's suppose to be spelt Matthew Garcia Peterson. 

"Do you need help setting up hijo(son)?" Papi says smirking a little at how they spelt Matthew name.

"Yea...papi can you help me put this table cloth on please and dad can you help me get my painting on the table?" Matthew says 

"Yea sure son" Papi and dad say at the same time, but papi said hijo.

Then the host began speaking. 

"Welcome to BAA(Brandon art and Academic) Art gallery. (Everyone begins cheering)My name is Josh Goode also know as the Arts teacher here Mr.Josh. The students here have been working hard over the past few weeks to putting this together, I do know one student who I won't say names but somehow got his painting ready in 4 days tops." Mr. Josh says looking at Matthew and smirking.

Then he continues. " The goal of this program is to either give the student an individual opportunity to have one of their art work held at the University of Arts Museum. (Basically if Harvard was an arts school)

He pauses and continues  " But to also give the individual a feel what art is like. If you don't know already the topic is How would you describe bullying, without using word or art to show hate. This topic was a hard topic knowing the students couldn't necessarily use words, However I do think the students did an amazing job, So let the Art gallery begin, enjoy!" Mr.Josh says leaving the stage as everyone takes their tarps of their painting.

"Are you guys ready?"Matthew ask smirking 

As we all nod Matthew takes the tarp of his painting.

His painting : 

"Hijo , how did you draw this, this is amazing!"papi says running his hands through Matthews thick curls.

"I don't know papi it just came to me." Matthew says smiling 

"Well this is amazing son and I can't believe you only spent 4 days working on this." Dad says in disbelief.

"Yea Matty... you ate." I say giggling 

"Thank you...I don't know how either." Matthew says laughing and smiling at my comment and dads.

Then I spot My Manz... I am joking... Xavier. What's he doing here?

"Hey Mae!" I hear Xavier say from behind me making papi, dad and Matthew look over.

"Mhm seems like someone's crush is here." Dad teases

"Dadddddd"I Say shocked he said that so loud and because now I'm blushing.

With that papi, dad and Matthew start laughing. 

As I squint at all them, Papi says "Go on, but make sure you answer your phone." 

"Okayyyyyy." I say as a lady with red hair and a suit goes towards Matthew. Probably a judge.

"Hey Xavier." I say as now I'm near him and his mum.

"Hey. I didn't know you were going to be here." He says smiling 

" I didn't think you were going to be here either ." I say giggling

"True.. Well did you enter?" Xavier asked as I can't help but stare into his eyes.

"Huh?... oh umm no...my brother Matthew did, what about you? ." I say smiling 

"Oh that's cool. No I didn't join I'm just here because my mom his the judge." Xavier say smiling at me like he realized something 

"Whatttt?" I asked confused but also blushing a little.

"Nothing it's just your... your eyes their gray?" He says I guess not noticing them until now.

"Umm yea they always have been." I say quietly 

"No no not like that, i like them, that's what I'm trying to say." Xavier says smiling a little

"Oh umm thank you." I say as I feel my cheek get red.

Then a girl in a wheelchair comes next to Xavier. I am guessing his sister

"Chloe this is Mae, Mae this is Chloe my sister." Xavier says smiling

"Hey, nice to meet you" I say hugging her

"Hey, nice to meet you" I say hugging her. Which I guessed surprised her and Xavier 

"What..did I do something wrong?" I asked confused 

"No it's just not most people hug...her."Xavier says smiling but also sounding surprised 

"And why not?" I asked confused 

"Because people don't hug people in a wheelchair..they think I'm weird because I struggle with walking ." Chloe responses quietly

"There is nothing wrong with hugging you or anyone in a wheelchair. A wheelchair doesn't make or break a person. That doesn't change the fact that your pretty or that your a person. It just means you might be different from everyone but sometimes being different is a good thing." I say talking directly to Chloe and hugging her again and smiling.

"Wow you have some wise words." I hear a voice from behind me say 

"Oh hi Ms.White.  I say smiling 

"Hi Mae, I'm glad you and my son became friends fast. Your a very wise and a beautiful young lady." Ms.white Xavier Mom said whining 

"Oh  thank you." I say giggling

"Well if you excuse us we do have to leave but I can't wait to see you guy's performance tomorrow tonight." Xavier's mom said excited

"I can't wait too,Bye Xavier" I say hugging him and going back to my parents

"Mhm someone is blushing." Papi teased

With that sighed "I know" I say knowing there is no way to hide it  and started giggling. Making dad, papi and Matthew laugh. 

"At least you know. Well your brother isn't going to get his result back until Friday in the mail.So we are heading home" Dad said smirking at, at least you know.

"Okay" I say giving a light smile 

Well what's going to happen now? I still have to apologize to papi. We have a dance tomorrow I have 2 or 3 dances depending on if Ava is going to be in a dance. Yes she is in my dance class. I know it's annoying. Now I don't know what to do.