Chapter 36

I laughed as Kimmy wrapped her arms around me; I looked over at Cam who was just smiling at me. In a way it was kind of freaking me out and I wanted to look away from her, but I was nice and continued to look at my best friend as she leaned down to grabbed a big blue bag off of the floor next to her. She set it on the table and pushed it toward me, I looked at her and she nodded to the bag telling me that it was ok to open it. I hesitated at first; I was kind of scared to see what she had gotten me.

I remember the first time I celebrated one of my birthdays with her; she filled the dumb bag with snakes, spiders, and bugs. She knew I was scared to death of those damn things and that is what she goes out and buys me. I was only 13, I went to dump out the bag and there all over my bedroom floor were snakes, spiders, and dugs (they were fake). Let me tell you when I went to her 13th birthday I did the same thing to her but I got her brother to go out and fill up the whole thing of condoms, lubs, and vibrators. Yes I know it was stupid but at that time she was“scared” of those kinds of things.

I pulled the bag to me and put my hand inside, I pulled out and envelope with a card in it that was talking about loving me for being her best friend so happy birthday. I reached in there again and pulled out and another envelope thinking that it was Kimmy’s card, when I opened it there were a bunch of gift cards in there to different places. Like Victoria’s secret, Rue 21, Starbucks, Best Buy, iTunes, and some other random stores. I was noise so I turned the cards around to see how much she put on them and she used a lot on them! I wanted to faint when I saw how much she put on them.

Cam smiled at me and poked the bag signaling that there were still some things in the bag. I stuck my hand in the bag, and pulled out a few hoddies from Hollister, some of their shorts, and some of their new tee’s. this is why I loved my best friend, she knew what I liked and always ended up getting me stuff that I had my eye on and that I would tell her ever time we were in the mall that ‘when I saved up enough money that I was sooo coming back to get it.’ I reached in one last time and pulled out three boxes taped together, I knew what that meant. It meant that the things in those boxes were all the same, I opened the first box and pulled out a giant bottle of Victoria’s secret’s Pink perfume.

I jumped up out of my seat throwing them to the couch and jumping over the coffee table to hung Cam. She laughed in my ear as I pulled her close and hugged her tight. “Time for my presents!”

I looked over at Kimmy who was jumping up and down as she grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Cam. Kimmy pulled me to the front door and stood next to me smiling. I looked at her with my brow raised. Was the door supposed to popped open with a big bang? I laughed to myself as I thought of that TV show ‘the big bang theory.’ When I looked back over at her after my internal laughing she was on the heels of her feet rocking back and forth, and nodding towards the door. She wants me to open it? What!? Is she crazy there might be a rapist or murder standing outside the door!!!!

I stepped close to the door and put on now shacking hand on the door knob. I opened it and saw a random person standing there, so you know what I did I screamed bloody murder and then threw my back pack at him and shut the door in his face. “What the hell are you doing Bethany?”

“Closing the door on the rapper/murder!” I said looking at her with a dumbfounded look on my face as she pushed me away from the door and opened it again.

“No dummy, he is no rapper/murder!”Kimmy said as she smiled at the boy who stood in the door way and walked over to hit me in the head. “This is your birthday present!”

“Uhhhh…. What am I supposed to do with him?” I said as I looked at him.

“Beth, I swear sometime I don’t know what to do with you.” Kimmy said as she pulled him into the house and closed the door behind him and knocked on the door as if there was someone that was behind her. “He is your new full time baby sitter for the boys!”