Chapter 57

I woke up the next morning, it was like a normal day the only thing that was a little different was that Bryan wasn't anywhere in sight and the boys' weren't crying to get out of their beds. I rolled over to the side where Brayn was supposed to be, and found a nothing. I took my shower, and walked down stairs. There was still no sign of life that was inside the house besides myself. I was getting a little scared, I was starting to think something had not only happen to Bryan but to my two boys'. Although I was pretty sure that Bryan was at work, but where were the boys'?

I was worried but I didn't have time to start a search party, if I didn't leave soon I was going to be late for the meeting that I need to be in with Noah and his lawyer. I left a few minutes latter and soon I was at a big lawyers office, where I walked into what looked like every one of the girls had stepped out of some kind of fashion magazine. I walked up to the front desk, where a security guard was sitting. I couldn't really see him, his hat was over his eyes and he was half way facing away from me.

"Excuse me." I said as I looked at him.

"Yes?" He asked as he flipped onto the next page of what he was reading.

"Where is the lawyers office?" I asked as I looked at him.

"You want to take the elevator, and going up to the 17th floor." He said as he took one of his hands that had a firm grip on his book and pointed to the elevator that had just opened and that was unloading people.

"Thank you." I said with a smile as I tapped the front desk.

"Welcome." He said in a low deep voice as I began to walk away.

I walked over to the elevator, as I walked into it there was a young boy standing there. Like one of the really fancy hotels, he took the floor number that I was going to be on and pressed the button. I stepped out of the elevator and walked down a small hallway that was covered in pictures of Noah and his high school sweetheart.

Then there were some that he was with other pictures but most of them was of him and his 'wife', who I heard moved to the Bahamas pregnant with some other guys baby. I shrugged my shoulders as I walked by some of there wedding pictures, there was one that caught my eye so I stood there and looked at the picture.

My eyes got wide, as I continued to look at the picture on the wall. Now I can see why he married her, she was the high schools porn star. As I finally took my eyes off of the picture I came across a picture that was of him and Nikki, and I spotted something that I never knew that happened. I studied the picture, I was right after Noah had graduated, it was the day after his graduation party.

I remember it like it was yesterday, I was alot younger then. Plus at that time Noah never told me or showed me his 'wife' so I never knew they had a baby together. Then again, he always did tell me that I was his number one girl and one night when he was tucking me into bed, when he thought I was asleep he whispered in my ear that he was going to have me no matter what I do before I come back to him.

It was all coming back to me, he was the superman in my reality. It was never my dad it was always him, it was him who saved me that time I tried to kill myself. I never knew what happen since I was knocked out for nine days. I had gotten a concusion from the hard fall, I told my best friend to push me off a bridge when I wasn't looking.

Noah was the one who saved me when I was lost in the woods, he was the one who came to me and stayed with me locked in my room for four weeks after my brother got killed. Then agian he was really only there for three days, he had to go back to work. The was the time my parents started to fight, my mom was scared I had died in my room and my dad was fine with what I was doing.

He knew I was sad and that if I would have died in my room there would have been a sign. I was so scared as a child that I stayed in a corner with pillows over my ears. In fact Noah was the on who told me it was best for me not to become emo, he is the reason I am who I am today. Minus the twins and the slut I became for Kyle. I moved my eyes from that picture and continued to walk down the long hallway where I finally found a desk. "Excuse me, I am here to see Mr. Mercedes."

"Door on the left." He said as he continued to stamp stuff that was on her desk.

"Thank you." I said with a smile as I looked at her. She didn't say a word she just waved her hand to dismiss me and went back to what she was doing. "Rude."

"There you are Beth!" Noah said as he jumped from his chair and ran to give me a hug. "I was beginning to think someone took you."

"No one would take me." I said as I looked at him. "I got lost down your big hallway, I had a kind of flashback."

"Oh, I am sorry sweetie." He said as He walked me to the seat across from his.

"Now, we really need to get this divorce over with." I said as I put my purse in the chair next to me.

"I know and I am sorry you have had to wait so long." He said as he looked at me with a pleading smile. "I have been very busy."

"So I have heard." I said as I looked at him. "Can we just get his over with?"

"Yes." He said with a smile as he snapped his finger, a near by door slammed open and in walked a young lady who looked to be just a few years old them me. She was carrying a brief case, and as she got close to the table she slammed it down on the table causing it to shudder.

After a few hours locked in one of his many conference rooms we finally got the divorce settled and as soon as we signed the papers we were free to do what ever we wanted and we no longer had to have anything to do with one another.

I smile shook his hand and left the room, where I proceeded down the long hall that had brought me back to old memories that I didn't want to relive. So I did what was best, I took off my high heels and ran down the hall. When I made it to the elevator I slammed into the door and repeatedly hit the button, I was about to have a mental break down if the door didn't open soon. Before the door was able to open there were already tears running down my face, I was holding my side that was already hurt. As soon as the door opened I ran in, I didn't speak a word as the young man hit the first floor button.

I ended up running out of the building with looks coming from people, I ran all the way to the parking lot that I had parked in. I didn't open my car door I opened the full back trunk and got in it, I ended up in the fetal position crying. I was there for what seemed like days, I was found by Bryan. He drove me home, and he didn't move me at all, he didn't even talk or turn on the radio to drowned out my crys. I don't know what it was about that hall but it scared me, it was too silent, and it spoke too much of the truth.

I was so scared of the truth that spoke to boldly in that hallway that it scared me, Noah always knew that I was scared of long quite hallways. Is he trying to get something out of me?I will never know, I will never go back to that hallway. I would break down to where I would be unable to pick up all the broken pieces that I would just leave it there, to whre the vacum can pick them up and keep them. I was already scared and now I am so scared I can't stand myself.

My life was finally at an end, I was free and the one man that I loved the most loved me back.

--The full ending--