Preparations

The ride was anything but smooth! Monsters have been acting and didn't hesitate to attack the carriage, but alas death was in their fate, Clauis had summoned the earth and water spirits to take care of them. Apart from this everything was fine.

Reaching his manor, Clauis couldn't help sigh, although traditions like this should be done at their homeland, but, it's not possible for every noble to get there without high level difficulties so they had to keep it in the capital manor.

As soon as he stepped out he saw a bunch of maids and Butler's bowing to him which was absolutely unnecessary, he had informed the head butler before hand he didn't need such extravagant welcome, but looks like the head butler didn't listen. He ignored it like always, the head butler was a dangerous man, although old and wrinkly, he is someone that was practically raised by his father. Someone dangerous, he's an assassin with no remorse.

"There are new faces Xylan" Clauis said as he looked around the servants, they were twice as last time.

"I hired them to help in preparing for the ceremony." Xylan replied, Clauis shut nodded and walked away to his room. Everyone sighed, The newly hired servants couldn't keep up with the aura he possessed.

Although he would like to ask how long they would work, he thought it was a futile question and just let it be, "Is brother Larkin home?" He asked as he walked up the stairs.

"Yes, he's in his room youngest master." The head butler replied with a polite smile. "Tell him to come to my study." With that clauis swiftly went to his study.

A few new servants gasped, How could the youngest and the omega of the family ask for an Alpha and an older brother to meet him, instead of going to him? (Means that rather than asking for Larkin, clauis should've gone by himself, since Larkin has a higher position than clauis)

Clauis was sitting behind the desk, reviewing everything and reading the reports, They will need a lot of sugar not to mention wine, he should tell the head butler to bring the best wine available. Next he checked the names of the dishes that the chef was going to prepare, he cancelled and added a few, they would need more servants, he should send the guild a request. "Nox." Clauis called out and Nox appeared quickly.

"Yes young master?"

"Go and post a notice about us hiring more servants for the ceremony, I want you to appoint the senior maid to nominate the potential candidates." Nox bowed and quickly left to go carry out the order.

In this world there are 4 Types of maid/Butler :-

Head Maid/butler: Oversees all the maids and is responsible for their general care and wellbeing.

Master Maid/butler: Works closely with the Head of Maids and oversees daily tasks and routines.

Senior Maid/Butler: responsible for training and supervising other maids.

Junior Maid/butler: responsible for general upkeep of the manor and assisting other maids with tasks.

A knock on the door startled clauis, "Come in." With that, Larkin came in with a big grin on his face, "Clauis! You are back!"

"I am happy to see you too brother Larkin, Although I called you here for work." Larkin looked at clauis confused, "Something wrong?" He asked clauis.

"I was attacked by several monsters today, go out with the knights and clear the area keep a strict look out in the forest and outside the mansion, the last thing I want is for monsters to attack the upcoming guests, the ceremony is far too important to be interrupted by measly monsters." Clauis said while scanning another document.

Larkin looked at his brother a little saddened by clauis's behaviour, he was after all hoping clauis would hug him or something, but clauis as always had his expressionless face, his gaze became a bit bitter but he quickly grinned again. "Ofcourse! Don't worry youngest! I will take care of all the bad guys!" With that he left.

Clauis sighed and continued his work, he has a lot of stuff to do, good thing he has servants who he can order to do the majority of the work, He should tell Legis to check on the winery and recommend the best wine.

The main problem lies with sugar, there seems to be a bit of shortage in the Empire, he would need to contact the manufacturer directly although that wouldn't appreciated by the other nobles, Requesting from deriacata is impossible since the continent is currently busy in a war.

He tapped his finger on the table until his widened in realisation... He quickly rang the bell and the maid closest to the study came in the study. "Bring me all the book on plant encyclopaedia." He ordered, his voice and authoritative. The maid and quickly left to follow his orders.

Going through each and every plant encyclopaedia he finally found it! The toddy palm tree! If he doesn't have sugar, he can use jaggery! Although jaggery is not popular right now, and only used in rural areas, jaggery is more nutritional and healthy than sugar, he quickly rang the bell again and a butler came in this time. "Call the head butler."

The talk with the head butler went smoothly and the guy ordered trusted servants to left to the tropical region of their Empire, given the best supplies so they could hurry up.

"That was a brilliant idea, youngest master." The head butler said with a sincere smile. Clauis just nodded at him and went back to work. "The prices of the curtains are too much, they are charging us more because we are rich in the petty excuse that we need it urgently, the market price is way below go find another shop."

"Yes, youngest master."

The decorations be in red and white colours, so the curtains were to be stitched with diamonds and rubies occasionally, everything would be in red and white minus the food plus the cake. The cake would be made by using sugar but other sweets would be made using jaggery, he had written some modern recipes for the chef that could help the chef in making this stuff.

"For the diamonds and rubies contact the vermens, i expect no less then finest jewels and do not forget to deliver the clothes to father and brothers and let them try it, no mistakes must be there in the outfit, understood?"

"Yes youngest master."