Chapter 18

Rhys
~~~

"I need help, son," my father says. "Father, I honestly don't care about this event. You know that. I care about Iris though," I say with a serious and cold tone.

I mean it's the truth. "Come on, Iris," I hold her hand and we walk out of the building. I hold the door open and we get into my car.

"That was fun," Iris giggles. I smile at her. "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself," I say as I start the car. The car is now on the road.

"Do I get to keep the dress?" Iris asks sweetly. "Of course, moonlight. I had it made especially for you," I say. "By the way. Andre called me and he apologized," Iris says. That b*stard is lucky that he apologized.

"That's what he should've done a long time ago," I say under my breath. "Rhys. Don't tell me that you have something to do with this," Iris asks. "No? Why the f*ck would I do something that will benefit you," I scoff.

I have to lie. She can't know what I did. "Sure," she says sarcastically. I nod. "Rhys... When are you going to give me the money," Iris asks, not out of greed but out of desperation and sadness.

"Moonlight, I promise once... This is all over I'll give you the money," I say as we come to a traffic light which turns red. "Yes but-" I cut her off and put my hand on her cheek. "Iris, I'll prove you innocent. I swear."

I look at her warmly and she smiles. I take my hand off her face. Why did I do that? Shit. I continue driving. "By the way, if Adrian ever troubles you, I swear I'll f*ck him up," I say seriously.

"No need for that, idiot," Iris chuckles. "Oh so you're calling me idiot. Who gave you the permission?" I ask her. "I permit myself," she smiles. "Don't stop smiling, moonlight. You look adorable," I say unexpectedly.

Iris blushes and doesn't say anything. I have to stop f*cking complimenting her. After 30 minutes we reach her house. I exit the car to open the passenger door. I hold her hand and help her out. She opens the front door. It's quite late now.

"Bye Rhys. See you soon," she says as she hugs me. "Who said you could hug me now, hmmm," I tease. "As I said, I permit myself," she says.

"I don't mind," I whisper as I hug her back. "Goodnight, moonlight," I say. "Goodnight, Rhys!" she says excitedly and goes inside.

This girl has me wrapped around her finger~