Chapter 31

Iris
~~~

*10 months later*

It's finally December. Winter. My favorite season. Today is the winter figure skating competition. It's a big deal.

I'm in a really happy relationship with Rhys. I have a new manger. I haven't heard from Avery since that incident. I still live with Rhys.

He insisted on buying me an outfit for the competition. He didn't let me see it yet. I get ready, put on my clothes and go downstairs. "Rhysssss, I'm ready to go noww," I say as I hug him.

"You sure didn't forget anything?" he asks. "Yes I'm sureee. Can we go now?" I ask him. "Of course. By the way, I have your outfit in the car," he winks. "When can I see?" I ask.

"Soon, moonlight," he smiles. We go to the ice rink. The competition is going to begin in 35 minutes. "I'm going to make you proud," I tell him as he walks me to the dressing room.

"I know you will," he smiles warmly and hands me the box with the outfit. "And remember, even if you're not 1st, you're still the best to me. Don't pressure yourself. I know how hard you've practiced," he says.

"Thank you," I say and he hugs me for the last time. "See you later," he says and he shakes my hand and kisses me. I wave to him as he leaves.

I remember a few of these girls. I've met them at the beginning of the year. Someone approaches me. It's Harper. We're actually kind of friends now.

"Hey, girl," she says. "Hey," I respond. "You ready?" she asks. "Mhm, I gotta go change. Talk later?" I say. "You know it," she smiles.

I go to my changing room. I open the carefully wrapped box. Inside there's a beautiful purple ice skating dress. It's sooooo pretty. Rhys still knows me so well.

I put the dress on. It fits perfectly. I come out of the dressing room and put on my skates. I tie them up and I'm ready to do my best.

*15 minutes later*

It's my time to perform. I hope I don't fail Rhys. He's done so much for me. I have to make him proud. I walk onto the ice. Alright Iris. You can do this.

I start skating. As I skate, I catch Rhys's soft gaze on me. Hes smiling at me and I can't help but smile back. He's actually my boyfriend. I can't believe it.

I do my best performance ever. I finish gracefully. People applaud for me. I'm happy. Rhys is happy. I know I did my best.

I go into the back room. "Well done!" said Harper. "Thank you," I say. The other skaters perform well. It's time to announce the positional prizes.

In second place....
Harper Astor!

In first place...
Iris Ashwood!

Oh my god. I-I'm in first. Tears form in my eyes as I go onto the podium. They give me a bouquet of red, pink and white roses, a trophy and a cheque. I look for Rhys in the crowd. He's not there.

Where could he... "I would like to do something," I hear a voice. It's Rhys's. What the hell is he doing? He walks to the edge of the ice. I go towards him to see what he's doing.

"Iris. I don't know if this is the ideal place you wanted me to do this but. You're my shining star, Iris. I can never imagine my life without you," he says.

"I'd never be able to live without you. I love you so much. And I want to ask you," he goes down on one knee. Wait...

"Iris Ashwood, will you marry me?" he asks and pulls out a beautiful diamond ring. "Rhys...Yes!" I say. He stands up and slides the ring onto my finger.

He hugs me tightly and kisses me passionately. The crowd bursts into cheers and applause. "I love you," I say. "I love you more, moonlight," he says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Thank you so much to everyone who read 'Heart of Ice' and literally made it this far (to the end lol). Honestly I didn't think anyone would actually read this story.

If you'd want a sort of idea of what the main characters look like, here's an idea and some information about the characters (in case you want to fantasize:

Name: Iris AshwoodAge: 24Height: 5'4 Hobby(ies): Ice Skating, being Rhys's princess Favorite colour: purple 💜Favorite animal: Dogs 🐶Favorite person: Rhys (obviously ❤️) Personality: Golden retriever, is the sweetest thing ever, can be badass if ...

Name: Iris Ashwood
Age: 24
Height: 5'4
Hobby(ies): Ice Skating, being Rhys's princess
Favorite colour: purple 💜
Favorite animal: Dogs 🐶
Favorite person: Rhys (obviously ❤️)
Personality: Golden retriever, is the sweetest thing ever, can be badass if she wants to be

Name: Iris AshwoodAge: 24Height: 5'4 Hobby(ies): Ice Skating, being Rhys's princess Favorite colour: purple 💜Favorite animal: Dogs 🐶Favorite person: Rhys (obviously ❤️) Personality: Golden retriever, is the sweetest thing ever, can be badass if ...

Name: Rhys Anderson
Age: 26
Height: 6'5
Hobby(ies): Sketching (yes, Rhys surprisingly has an artistic side, with Iris absolutely adores. She'll often cuddle on his lap while he sketches), being Iris's baby boy
Favorite colour: blue 💙
Favorite animal: Dogs 🐶 (he not much of an animal person but he loves them because Iris loves them)
Favorite person: Iris/his fiancé/the love of his life/figure skater/the mother to his future children😉
Personality: Cold and stoic to literally everyone in the world, doesn't talk to any women if not needed, the biggest baby for Iris, can literally kill someone if they touch his girl (he's such a girl father 🥱)

 She'll often cuddle on his lap while he sketches), being Iris's baby boyFavorite colour: blue 💙Favorite animal: Dogs 🐶 (he not much of an animal person but he loves them because Iris loves them) Favorite person: Iris/his fiancé/the love of his ...

Name: Avery Ashwood
I personally don't like her so no details about her 😜 (she's not really a main character, I put her for no reason)

Please know that this isn't my art and I simply found these similar to what my main characters look like.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6zYLmpb8lCLHAhvAyyylbz?si=IbCpPZmLSWWUoPurQef7CA

A Playlist I made lmao

https://www.wattpad.com/story/366983176?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=RoseTheWolf21

A new story I'm writing! 😁
----------------------------------------------------

Anyways have a lovely day/night and thanks again for reading!