1. black cat

‧˚₊⋅ ୨୧ ⋅₊˚‧

The warm light flooded through the window panes of the hushed classroom. The atmosphere that once held twenty-something rowdy students quickly died down to a couple friend groups and stray kids (lol) who were struggling to finish work for their next class. Although it wasn't completely quiet, it was serene. It was calm. Just how you liked it.

"JUNGWON, JAKE SAID I'M NOT STARTING TODAY! WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS??"

Spoke too soon.

"I never said that", Jungwon muttered not taking his eyes off his meticulously written notes,"you're literally center, no one else has that position in this team. Just you Niki." The youngest glared at his deceiving friend, throwing punches at him while the latter giggled like some school girl. "Hey it's your fault for believing Jake to begin with. He's literally a compulsive liar", said a laughing Sunoo. "AM NOT?!"

Their conversation soon died down once you added the second earphone back into your ear. Looking off to your side while resting your head on your arms, you slowly closed your eyes. Hopefully you can get a little sleep during this break, considering the amount of restless nights you've been facing recently.

"Y/NIEEEEEEEEEE!!"

Oh boy.

Peaking from your slumped position you see an extra cheerful Wonie skipping towards you. Her pink sweater with white ribbons adding to her overall brightness. Trying to ignore the stares of a certain group, you smiled at your very loud best friend. "You look pretty today", you said in a hushed tone as she kneels down and hugs your side. "Aww I love when you compliment me y/nieee. Now hurry up let's get snacks! We have so much work to do remember?" Grabbing your hand, she led you to the door. "Will you buy me red bean bread?" you asked quietly, slightly embarrassed to let those around you know that you were indeed broke. Your eyes suddenly averted to the certain group that still had their gaze on you two, specifically landing on the one who was just in the middle of a childish outburst. Now he was quiet... and staring directly at you. You found it hard to read his gaze. What was he thinking of?

Hmm.
Weird.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆

niki's pov

As they walked out the door, I looked back at Jungwon. "Do you talk to y/n?" I asked, trying to act as nonchalant as possible. "Mmm not really. She's quiet as hell and only talks when Wonyoung's around." Jungwon paused and finally looked up. "Why?"

That's honestly a good question. Why am I asking?

Jay smirked. "Does our dearest baby Niki have a crushy wushy?" he asked teasingly, pinching my cheeks like some old geezer to his grandson.

I slapped his hand away, faux disgust written all over my face. "No you weirdo I was just curious."

"Hey don't be so mean:("

I rolled my eyes while the others chuckled at the scene. The topic quickly turned to our upcoming home game against our rivaling school. But still even after the subject changed, I found myself thinking about that girl. Her long black hair. Her cat-like eyes. Her pale skin. Her black hoodie that engulfs her short figure. It being so big it hid her hands and most of her pleated skirt. I didn't even recognize her at first because she was off to the side of the room dozing off. Basking in the sun. Ha, she reminds me of a cat. A black cat.

I like cats.

" and then- Niki, you hoe, are you even listening?!"

"Huh?"

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆

y/n's pov

With my acquired red bean bread and an iced coffee in hand, I walked side by side with Wonyoung to the student council room. "Y/nie make sure you get here early so you can take pictures of the guys warming up as well, not just during the game. And maybe some videos too. Oh and also get some of the crowd. I know for a fact our student section will be packed tonight." Sipping the coffee, I make sure to take a mental note of all the tasks I'm given. Wonyoung seemed stressed considering how big the event was gonna be tonight. I worry for her sometimes. She works so hard. "Don't worry Wonie I never let you down, right?" The least I could do to subdue her tension was reassure her. She stopped in her tracks and smiled widely, linking our arms together. As if that question cleared the gray clouds riddled within her mind. "Of course, that's why you're my bestest friend y/nie!" Although I cringed at her profession, moments like these make me thankful to have Wonyoung as my best friend.

"Also I noticed Niki was staring at you when we left your class."

It was my turn to stop in my tracks. She giggled while beckoning me to keep walking. "Do you think he's cute?"

"He's a giant."

"Giants can be cute."

"Why're you playing matchmaker right now, Wonie?"

"I'm not y/nie it's just an observation."

Thinking about it for a second, I hummed. "Well I don't really know him but I get the feeling that we wouldn't get along. He's too outlandish for me." There was a slight pause before Wonyoung burst into a fit of laughter.

"That wasn't that fun-"
"LMAOO OUTLANDISH"
"Omg."