3. calla

‧˚₊⋅ ୨୧ ⋅₊˚‧

calla by wave to earth 🎧

Days without Wonie were always so boring. It seems the stress of the last basketball game caught up with your best friend, resulting in her having to stay home with a fever. You missed her dearly, thinking of her as you looked out the window. It was raining today. The beads of rain racing with each other as they fell to the bottom of the window. The one you were rooting for did not win. You sighed wearily. At least you could get some sleep during lunchtime. In fact, you purposely brought another hoodie so you could have a more comfortable setup.

Niki walks into Jungwon's class with the others. He actually needed to do homework this time and was excited to see that he could sit next to you without making it too obvious, since you were only two seats away from Jungwon. He noticed you were folding a hoodie into a pillow of some sort. You put your earphones in and out of nowhere, you plopped your head directly onto the thick cloth. He stifled a laugh.

Cute.

Ten minutes into lunchtime he heard his friends leave their seats. He didn't look up though, too concentrated on a specific math problem to care. "Niki we're gonna get snacks. Wanna come?" asked Sunoo who was digging through his wallet for change. "Nah I'm good. Have to finish up this worksheet." "Okay we'll be back soon!" Five minutes pass. He put his pencil down after finally finishing up the problem. He threw his hands in the air, celebrating as if he was re-living his game a couple days prior. Then he stopped suddenly. He looked over at your figure and quickly quieted down. You were hiding your face so all he could stare at was your black hair but it was obvious you were sleeping.

Your phone lights up, a message notification popping up on your screen. But that wasn't what caught Niki's attention. He wanted to see what you were listening to. He craned his neck and leaned closer. As he moved closer, he caught your scent. Woah. You smelled sweet.  He shook his head, focusing back onto the task at hand. The text of the title was quite small. Even when squinting, Niki could not make out the name. He hopes you wouldn't wake up anytime soon or else he would look extremely weird. Suddenly, your head pops up, eyes shifting in the direction of your phone... and a suspected Peeping Tom. Niki mentally curses. His cheeks flush and he pulls away quickly. Scratching the back of his neck he laughs nervously and looks in your direction. You were still looking at him blankly.

"I-I swear I wasn't tryna be nosy or anything like that. I was just trying to see what you were listening to. Honestly."

Now Niki fully expected you to be weirded out and ignore him. Of course if someone he didn't know was peeping at his phone, he surely wouldn't act differently. He'd probably even be mad. But what he didn't expect was for you to pick up your phone and turn it towards his direction. "It's called calla by wave to earth", you said politely. Your voice. Oh my god your voice. It was so tiny but it somehow affected the boy greatly. He was grinning from ear to ear like a dumbass for crying out loud! He unlocked his phone and added it to his playlist.

"I've never heard of wave to earth."

"They're my favorite band."

"Oh it's a band?"

But before you could answer you were interrupted by the door opening quickly.

"Hurry Niki we have to go! The coach wants to see us."

Niki never had thoughts of committing homicide in his seventeen years dwelling on this planet.

Until now.

He groaned and looked over at his friends. There were girls surrounding them, some even waving at him flirtatiously and beckoning Niki to come join them. He looked over at you and was surprised to see your head back on your make-shift pillow.

Great.
She definitely thinks the worst of me.

"Thank you y/n", Niki muttered to you as he got up and left, but it seemed you were already back to sleeping. As you hear the voices become more faint, you picked your head back up. Wonyoung's gonna have a field day with this one.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆

"it's raining hard today"
"it's a bit too much for me"
"i know it will make you smile"
"so let ourselves get wet inside the rain"
"the whole world is getting filled with your scent"
"hope this moment is not a daydream"

The lyrics made a certain boy blush profusely as he lay in bed, headphones wrapped around his parietal. He groaned looking out at the rain. He hated it. Hated the feeling he felt. The overwhelming feeling encompassing him, starting from his heart and spreading to the remnants of his body. As if the blood that circulated in his arteries and veins were replaced with this feeling instead.

"if you don't have enough sunlight"
"i'll blow the clouds away, calla"