Chapter Fourteen

Natalia's pov

Holden threw a snowball right at his friends who were charging some of them over in his direction while i took off to find shelter to hide behind a bench to take cover from those ongoing snowballs eventually as my friends and i started dishing out a couple of hot tea that we used for gossip except for this time they were asking questions about Holden and me in fact I made up the perfect story about how he approached me one begging to me, my boyfriend even though, we hated each other so I continued to explain how annoying it was and then I decided to give him a chance to prove himself to me because I didn't want them to worry about me after the whole anxiety attack that happened in the girl restroom in university to give them some sort of conclusions that i was no longer safe here on compass.

Furthermore, the truth behind our fake dating was that he came up to me the other day claiming that his genius plan of us dating would work to help dragged out this cruel person who made insensitive letters or notes post up everywhere on campus but luckily, our university jock-heads / Hockey players started practices early in the morning saw it and then the took every single one of those papers down for no one else to see it. So far this week, I had managed to yell or use my emotional intelligence words to crush his ego which was a great start to this week hoping that no further questions were being asked by my friends.

What do you call a person who has friends but still feels so lonely?  Me.

"McClellan and I are finally managing to put our past differences aside to extend an olive branch to each other when we realize that we made an okay match." I lied through my teeth to Charlie.

In the corner if my eyes i could see a reflection of my nemesis who was holding a snowball in his hand as there was a mischievous little glint in his eyes that told me that he was up to no good and i ducked down quickly avoiding getting hit by a snowball he had aimed at me anyways, This morning he had a very distinctive smell which smelt so amazing but yet i would never ever tell him what i actually think of it or otherwise it would cause his giant balloon-sized ego huge. Nevertheless, i know it was him as my mind had started to join up all o the dots collectively in the back of my mind when i remember who hands were smoothly rubbing circles on my back including the same person who sat next to me in the girls washroom and calmed my nerves through his ten minutes instructed breathing techniques linked myself to my favorite holidays or not holiday places in my mind.

Admittedly, i wanted to called him out on it or thank him for being there for me despite of the fact that i hated showing how vulnerable i was after all my last real relationship was a total failure which wrecked me into never trusting any boys again and how on earth did i thanked someone who thought that i didn't know it was them especially when this someone happened  to be your enemies for a very long time or whatever this charade was happening between the two of us playing around with his ideas to helped keep me safe. Moreover, I had a feeling my friends didn't want to tell me it was him because, in that horrible moment, they only cared about me recovering from my anxiety attacks.

Not who had helped me through it. In the meantime, i carried on speaking to Avenna, Charlie, Rochelle and Jessasnym that believe my fake story,  who were won over by our fake relationship act and somehow i felt a cold draft of wind blow over my right  shoulder that instantly caused to pulled my scarf around my neck due to this freezing weather now understanding my older brother Calvin statement how i would freeze out on this weather if i wasn't being covered with layers of warm clothes so i stolen his scarf and his spare pair of gloves too.

"Do you want to know something that's really interesting? " asked Rochelle with a big, wide smirk on face.

Avenna, Charlie, Jessasnym and i gathered  up closely  together waiting patiently for Rochelle to tell us something so interesting as we listened to  every single words that she have to say as i already seemed to noticed where she was going with this when she spilled what tricked that she has up her sleeves, we waited until she had filled us in on every details of information of her plan even though, i was upset at him that he had  drank some of the coffee that he had bought for me.