Chapter thirty-eight

Holden's pov

We all went to the ice rink this morning where I hosted my hockey practice for my little league team that I had been coaching since the beginning of the year. Was it crazy to say that I could envision my life with my sweet lady foe, Natalia?

I could almost imagine after every single game that she would always be there supporting me, my name whilst wearing my number on her jersey that she was wearing right now standing with the crowd all wild or long screaming my name and we would tell our kids someday of our story telling them how long Live it was for us.

Often we might not even want to remember what happened in our past lives but we were sure as heck will continue celebrating ourselves in the present days. This was why I wanted to go with her to visit her foolish ex-boyfriend Matthew who had broken her heart, made her life miserable and among other things she had to fight for herself whilst she was still making something out of herself.

"I wanted you to text me SOS or call me whenever you want so that I know that you're safe. Okay." I said worriedly to her.

This was one of those first times where she had smiled a real smile which was such an amazing smile and I got an instant incredible feeling when I felt her presence radiating from next to me or whenever she supported me. I come from a household where what you give was what you get from me so I would do whatever was best for her or the both of us in our relationship to encourage, support, love, cherish and respect her.

All I wanted for us was to thrive and equally support each other no matter what!

"And what if I let him or he wins?" she asked nervously.

After an hour of coaching my little leagues team, we walked out of the ice rink together as she kept fidgeting with the charm bracelet that I had gifted to her as I could see how worried she was behind her brave face that always put on. I gently pulled her closer to me whilst she had decided to rest her head on my chest and glanced off slightly into the distance. However, I was just trying to keep my mind off driving down to the police station right now to tell this guy exactly how I feel about him. You know how a guy gets angry in the movie because of what someone else had done to the girl he loves.

In addition to this, I held her face in my hands as I softly caressed it then I kissed her forehead before I said this. "Then we won't let it ever come to that my sweetheart because you and I both know what he is like. I am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that he rots in hell forever." I had seen her at her worst but the truth was that I never wanted to see the look of sadness or pain written over her face because I couldn't even bare to watch her cry right in front of me again. It breaks my heart when one of the people who I cared about broke down in tears, I would rather have ten millions hockey pucks hit me out in the rink at different speeds while at the same time than see her look so damn helpless.

"He's a bloodsucker or goddam leach draining all the blood and life out of me."she sighed defeatedly at me.

Nothing was worse than a woman scorned unless it was six women scorns that were targeted all at a certain person called Matthew Cotton. I think that he must've forgotten his home training that mis mama must have taught him how to respect a woman because it was so unacceptable and disgraceful of him that meant he was a despicable person. I was beyond furious and even Mason, the most quiet one who knows everyone else's secret and moody, broody guy on the team was more than angry. This meant that the whole hockey team was out for his blood and wanted to go after him for that.

Natalia's pov
Reality came crashing back onto me when I realized how stupid I must have been to believe all of Matthew's lies because I had made some really big mistakes but he made the worst one look fine. I should have known that none of it was real, not to mention the way that he only wanted me to come out at night with him and I used to think that I was smart yet I had gotten a fool completely by him. The past six months must have been a game to him, paralyzing my success and putting my happiness on hold just for a lie .

And then I bring myself back into the present time where I had remembered that I had found real love in the form of an annoyingly insane hot hockey player named Holden McClellan as all my well wishers made Matthew look more fishier than he was before. I should've known that the difference between real love and fake love or otherwise none of this damage would have happened to me.

"I'm just glad that you have gotten out while you still can." Jessasnym said relieved to me.

We took two cars to the police station just so my whole friendship group could fit inside of those cars especially when six bulky and hulky muscular hockey's players were coming along for the ride as well as the support too because they all refused to let me go there on my own.

Anyways, it was me, Avenna, Charlie in a car with Holden and Grayson whereas the rest as in Rochelle, Jessasnym, Fletcher,Mason and Asher in the another car during my car ride journey I had thought about what I was going to say to Matthew even though he was being sentence for eight years in prison which was enough time in prison for someone like him to learn what he did was wrong.

Upon arriving there, Holden my boyfriend had to help me calm my nerves by giving my hand a gently squeezed then I walked out of the car with my head being held high feeling slightly more empowered than I felt before. I love how Avenna and Rochelle had joined forces to make me a hot girl revenge era playlist for these specific moments even if some people might call me heartless but I had to be or otherwise other people might think that they could actually break a girl like me. All that I could see right now was red.

"Well, if you asked me I would go there not to forgive your ex but just to show him your full wrath of your scorn and make him regret ripping your heart into shreds. You know show him who is in control and have the power here.!"Avenna exclaimed angrily out loud.

"I see red, in fact I'm burning with hate and intense anger for that tool."

I walked into the visitational area of the prison where the family of the inmates goes to catch-up or have a chat with the inmates who were in prison for doing some illegal things and murdering other people. Band-aids don't fix bullet holes so, I wanted him to feel like I had taken a gun and shot it thoroughly right straight for his heart just enough to watch him bleed emotionally and mentally to experience every single thing that he had put me through over the last past six months. I hope that he ended up with terrible cellmates too.

"You came back to me just like you were always mine." Matthew smiled with joy in his eyes as if he had won something or maybe won me back which had made me feel almost sick to my stomach that he didn't show any remorse or regret for his action he had done to me. "No, I was never yours, but I guess you were too blinded with envy as you used to hold my heart in the palms of your hands and not knowing that it was a lethal weapon." I scolded Matthew.

"What are you saying? I just don't understand-"

I interjected him as I watched him feel small in his seat whilst I made him weaker than he seemed to appear. Did he feel threatened by my intelligence or by my power to engage with other people?

"And you will never understand or learn your lesson will you?" I asked rhetorically as I smiled bitter- sweetly to Matthew and explained sourly "I tried to rewrite it but I can't. It's just the history of man who is just like you as you act like our island as if it wasn't sacred, as if it was sacred to me." I stood up out of my chair before I asked "did you hold my heart and feel threatened?"

"Wait, where are you going? Tell them that you lie about everything, you witch!" Matthew yelled out to me.

The prison guards held him back as they cuffed his hands to detain him back behind bars as it took as my cue to leave.

This time I get the choice of walking out of someone else's life. As I walked right out there with a satisfying smile on my face knowing that I had won the war and getting everything that I had come here for in the end not letting history repeat itself all over again.