my response

sit tight and get comfortable, because this is going to be a long read. make sure to vote, comment, and share this chapter as much as you can. my goal is for tommy or someone close to him (mod, team member, friend, etc) to see this.

i'm sure you're all here because you saw tommyinnit's youtube video reacting to this story. it's my understanding that most of you are here to make fun of me or make fun of the story. so i regret to inform you that all parts of the story have been unpublished, and i'd like to take this chapter to fully respond to the video and acknowledge things that tommy has said, things that fans have said, and inform you guys of things i'd like to say.

with that being said, this isn't meant to be hateful towards tommy, and i don't encourage or support hate of any kind. tommy asked his viewers not to send me hate, and out of respect for him i ask that you guys do the same. i appreciate everyone tagging him and urging him to read this statement, but don't be rude to him or anyone else involved.

if you have any further questions that i don't answer in this chapter, i encourage you to ask them at the end in the designated Q&A section. and if, after reading this, you still disagree with me and would like to have a CIVIL, POLITE, AND MATURE conversation with me, my dm's are open.

anyway, without further ado, here's my point of view and my response to tommy's new video.

part 1: video analysis and comments

below is a full analysis of tommy's video, timestamps, and my responses to things that were said or implied.

to start: the title. "reading your disgusting tommyinnit fanfictions."

there are two things wrong with this.

1) "fanfictionS" implies that more than one fanfic is read during the video. but this isn't the case. this video was reacting to my fanfic and my fanfic alone, which i really wasn't happy about because that meant the spotlight of hatred was shining down on me and me alone.

2) there's nothing "disgusting" about my fanfic. it's a 100% PG, family-friendly, appropriate fanfic about a youtuber i used to watch with no smut, no spice, and nothing even remotely sexual. i understand the youtube algorithm: writing a title called "reading your disgusting fanfics" will get more traction than "reading your very normal fanfics that are completely appropriate and not disgusting at all." but clickbait at my expense is not funny and i strongly disagree with the title choice.

an overall comment before we dive into timestamps: the animating.
i know the animating was an attempt at making the video funnier, but i strongly feel as if it really made a mockery of my writing. i understand and acknowledge that my young-teen writing wasn't the best, but i did not find the animations funny. that being said, i'm not blaming the animators for this. their job was obviously to animate the video, even if it was at my expense. but even if it was their job, i still ultimately disagree with the decision and am a bit offended by the drawings.

now, time stamps and comments i have to make.

0:32: tommy shouts "i have a girlfriend" after realizing this was an x OC book.
my response: i wrote this fanfic in february of 2021. molly and tommy were not a couple at the time. if they were, i would've never written this book.

1:20: tommy mentions that no one brags about the twitch they watch
my response: again, i wrote this in early 2021. it was actually very common during that time for people to talk about twitch and "brag" about the channels they watch. back then, my friends and i often talked about our favorite streamers, how many channel points we had, how much merch we had, expressed our joy after receiving a gifted sub, expressed our excitement when our favorite creator read our message out loud, etc. this was a very normal thing at the time.