CHAPTER 72

Andre's POV 

One touch from this man, no matter how small, always manages to send me reeling. 

When he rests his forehead on mine, electricity shoots down my spine, making the rest of the world fade away and bringing tears to my eyes.

I fucking miss him.

I thought I was never going to see him again. 

I was worried he would be damn mad at me for running off. Now that I am seeing him even though I don't know how he managed to come here, the first thing I did was to slap him instead of hugging the hell out of him.

Someone clears her throat and my gaze shifts to my look alike.

She is the replica of me. Her eyes, face and body. The only difference is the hair and the way she is watching us.

I don't look at people that way.

Also, she seems smaller and timid.

Just then, it hit me.

Alex came here with her. How come? Did he mistake her for me too just like how Xavier did?

I step away from Alex who is grinning from ear to ear. "What…" I trail off pointing from him to her.

I can't remember what she is called and I don't care. I just want to know why she is here with him.

I know I should be grateful to her because Xavier told me he is letting me go because of her but sadly, I am not grateful. I don't even like her.

I don't like the fact that she looks like me. 

"What are you two doing together?" I finally ask, turning to see her staring at me before snapping my head back to Alex.

Alex shares a knowing look with her, amusement crossing his expression. "She brought me here."

"What?" I exclaim in disbelief.

How? 

"Xavier asked her to bring me here to see you", he adds, still smiling as fear spikes into my heart, questions upon question flitting through my mind.

Xavier? Does he know? How did Alex know about him? Was Alex able to trace me to him? What the hell is happening?

"How did you find me?" I ask him instead, watching the girl next to him for a while who is extremely quiet for my liking.

When she notices I am watching her, I look away.

Just before Alex can reply to me, a familiar voice calls to me. It's the maid.

"Your mother wants to see you, ma'am", the girl bow before leaving. I turn to Alex and signal to him to follow.

Now that he is here, I should introduce him to Mother. I already told him about how he helped me escape from that club that night when Xavier saw her waiting for me. 

I haven't seen Father since I got released and I don't care. I'm sure it's the guilt. It is stopping him from coming home.

"I should go, Alex", I hear her mutter and it makes me stop walking. I look over my shoulder at them in curiosity. 

"Won't you stay or come inside with me?" Alex demands and I scoff.

"No. I should go. I am not welcome here and I don't even like that woman so I should go", she answers and fury hits me.

I don't know if she said that on purpose or if I managed to have heard her say she doesn't like my mother. 

I whirl around sharply to tell her to fuck off when I see her flopping into the car already and waving at Alex who has a wide grin on his face.

The car reverses back and within a minute, it is out of the gates, leaving Alex and me alone in the courtyard. He peers down at me intensely, with a smug smile on his face, making guilt run down my spine.

He is supposed to be mad at me but the idiot is still smiling.

"I came all the way from another world to see you only to be rewarded with a fat slap is worth it, isn't it?" he asks, referring to my reaction to his presence here.

The guilt intensifies but I manage to hide it, with my hardened face.

"Get lost then."

With that, I began to walk to the front door quickly, hoping he would follow so I could introduce him to Mother.

I don't know what we are but I like how he makes me feel. I like how he talks about owning me. I  like how we bicker words at each other. I like his jealous and protective side. 

Just before I get to the front door, he grabs my waist, making me turn over and slapping his chest. "Get lost, idiot."

He laughs instead, spinning me around until I shout for him to let me go.

"She's your sister?" He suddenly asks, holding my hand as we step on the porch leading to the front door.

I don't need to ask him who he is talking about. I know it is that girl. The one who looks like me. I don't blame him. Everyone will think the same.

"Nah", I respond without thinking.

"Are you sure?" The butler throws the door open and we enter while I nod at his question. He looked thoughtful for a while before blurting. "Why do you have the same look and tattoo then?"

I halt in my tracks. "Tattoo?"

He nods intermittently, pointing to my arm. "The same tattoo you have on your arm. She has it too."

Confusion clouds my mind. Why does she have my face and tattoo? Who the hell is that girl?

The tattoo on my shoulder is a result of a drunken night during my last days in high school. I got scolded for it and that made me love the tattoo.

But the one on my arm, I can't remember how long it has been there. I grew up to find it there. I never asked my parents about it and they never said a word about it.

Now that I think of it, I feel like questioning them about it. What does it signify? How long has it been there? And who the hell is that girl?

Without saying a word to Alex, I begin to take long strides towards the only place I know my Mother would be waiting for me to show up.

Her room.

I take the flight of stairs up in a hurry, rushing towards her doorway.

When I get there, I throw it open without a knock and she swivels around to see me enter breathless as a result of the hurry.

"Mom", I call out and point to the tattoo on my arm. "How did I get this?"

She looks startled for a while, probably because I never asked anything about this or because she is scared. I don't really want to know what this signifies.

She shrugs nonchalantly after a while without a word.

"Mom", I call in warning. She knows what I am capable of. I have my way around things. If I want to find out about this tattoo in the next couple of days, I can. "Who is that girl?"

A flash of fear crosses her expression at the moment. "Jasmine?"

"Is that her name? The girl in Xavier got married to?" She nods.

"Who is she? She has the same tattoo as mine!" My voice is a bit raised now. 

I am scared. Scared that this means something. Scared that she might be my sister or someone related to me.

This is too much of a coincidence. 

How can she have my face and also have the exact tattoo as mine?

"She is your twin sister, Andre", someone speaks from behind and I turn around sharply to see Father holding a book which he stretches at me.

Ignoring the gesture, I exclaim. "What?!"

"Yes. She is your twin sister and her name is Annabel Moore. She is our daughter."

A loud gasp leaves my mouth and my breathing hitch in my throat. I stare back at Mother but she avoids my gaze and it dawns on me that she knew all along but kept it away from me.

Feeling a sense of betrayal, I lowered myself down and let out a scream as I hold my head in between my two hands. "No!"

****
Will Andre accept this?

Air your views and don't forget to vote❤️