THE END

Xavier's POV 

If there is anything I regret, it is inviting Alex to witness this and also asking him for advice on how to propose.

The asshole clearly told me to use Google which I did.

Jasmine's kiss stops me from minding the silly jerk. I was ready to punch him in the face for spilling the beans and embarrassing me like that.

Dragging me behind her with Alex acting all childish makes me wonder how Andre fell in love with the idiot. When we get inside, they all begin to chatter away leaving me to watch in awe.

A lot has changed about me.

Jasmine has changed me. 

Aside from Grandmother, I hate having family time like this. I don't know if it's because I barely have time for such or it's because it reminds me so much of my parents.

I just hated it.

But now, I have a new family. Aside from my Grandmother. Alex and Sophia are now part of that family despite my effort to push them away forever.

Jasmine's gaze meets mine and she signals to come to take a seat while Alex pops the champagne.

A shout of excitement leaves Sophia and Jasmine's mouths. As soon as I take a seat, Jasmine does the same and silence ensues.

Sophia is watching me weirdly. Andre is super quiet. The hatred I used to see in her brown eyes is no longer there. Alex is winking at me while Nicholas is also quiet.

His wife on the other hand is watching Jasmine. Shifting her gaze from Jasmine to Andre at intervals.

The silence isn't tense. It is satisfying but I know I need to say something before it becomes awkward.

As if hearing my thoughts, Jasmine nudges me and I look at her. She signals to me to do what we have talked about on several occasions.

Apologizing.

At first, I didn't see the need to. I thought I didn't do anything bad. In fact, I was claiming I didn't do anything bad because I was only trying to get revenge for being betrayed. But after thinking deeply about how much I hurt Jasmine and how she still fell head over heels with me, I knew I had to admit I was wrong.

If none of that had happened, I wouldn't have met her. If apologizing means having her to myself forever, then I will do just that.

I clear my throat and stare at Nicholas. "I want to use this medium to thank all of you for coming out today to spend this precious moment with us. It means a lot. To Nicholas who agreed to come here despite everything I have done to you in the past, thank you. I also want to use this medium to apologize to everyone else and plead for forgiveness, especially Andre."

Silence falls.

I don't know what else to say. I know I ought to say more. Apologize for hurting her after finding her. Apologize for seeking revenge for what she did.

Jasmine nudges me again. Before I can say anything else, she beats me to it.

"I'm sorry too, Andre for judging you and calling you a spoiled brat."

Andre shakes her head with a sad smile. "I should be the one apologizing to you too. I should have acted more maturely by rejecting the offer to marry him instead of running off like that."

"No!" Jasmine mutters loudly, smiling widely like someone who won a lottery. Flashing her finger housing the sparkling diamond ring I gave her five minutes ago, she says. "This wouldn't have been possible if you didn't flee."

Laughter bursts out.

Andre rises and rushes over to embrace Jasmine, muttering sorry to each other.

When they disengage, Sophia asks. "Jasmine, are you sure about marrying him?"

I throw her a scornful look but she doesn't look frightened.

"Yes!" Jasmine's loud reply makes me smile.

When Nicholas stands up, I take the cue to do the same. I see him walking out and I follow.

Sensing someone is behind him, he stops walking and folds his arms while I stop beside him too watching the waves of the water together in silence.

"I still regret not being around during their birth. I still don't know how to forgive myself for the years we weren't there for her. I hope she forgives me truly from the depth of her heart."

"If there is anyone with a golden heart of forgiveness, then it is Jasmine. She forgave you the moment she embraced you two." 

He turns to me with surprise. After a while, he nods.

"She grew up well."

"Yes, she did."

"Thank you for bringing home our girl. Words alone can't show how much I appreciate how much effort you exerted into bringing Andre back home which subsequently led to Jasmine's home return as well. I really can't help but imagine how she would still be living if all of these hadn't happened. Thank you, Xavier."

I am speechless.

I was just thinking of apologizing to him again for my bad behavior. But here he is thanking me for all I have done.

"I'm sorry too", I manage to say, unable to find more words to express how deeply sorry I am for hurting everyone.

"Hey", a familiar voice calls out to us from behind. I know it is Jasmine even before I can turn around to see her.

I know she is now Annabel and the reason for this engagement is because she wants us to be remarried this time as Annabel Moore and Xavier Ravarivelo but I don't know how long it's going to take to adjust to calling her Annabel and not Jasmine.

I guess it's better than calling her Andre.

A smile creeps up to my face at the thought. She smiles back at me before pecking my cheeks.

"What's up?" She looks from me to her Dad.

"Are you here to see if we are punching each other's teeth out?"

"Well, not really." She eyes us both and we both laugh.

Nicholas opens his arms and embraces her. Without a word, he disengages from the hug before leaving us two outside.

She holds my hand smiling so brightly. I cup her face and mutter. "I love you so much, Annabel Moore."

A blush creeps up her face as she replies. "I love you too, Xavier Ravarivelo."

I capture her mouth as a jolt of electricity sends my body into a frenzy of pleasure. She presses her lips on mine. 

It is full of passion. Desperate. And possessive. Pushing me over the edge as I slip my hand into her shirt.

She squirms against my hand and murmurs. "The wait would be worth it, Xavier."

I pull away with curiosity written all over me. I can still feel the taste of her lips on mine as I watch her.

Flashing me one of those smiles that manages to send tingles of excitement over me, she states. "I am still a virgin. And I am keeping myself for you. Till our wedding night."

My eyes go wide in shock.

I thought about this but I never knew it was going to be real. For a second, I feel bad about having a woman like her. She deserves better. 

But I am not letting her go for anything in the world.

She is mine now and forever. 

And I am not going to let her out of my sight until the very end.

Without warning or any word from me, I grab her roughly and slam my lips on her supple lips. My grip on her chin becomes harder as I claim her, pouring every single bit of my unspoken emotions into the kiss.

THE END

****
Finally, we have come to the end of THE MAFIA'S MISTAKEN BRIDE. This is my first Mafia book so pardon me if it's not up to your liking or not too dark☺️

Let's say bye bye to Xavier Ravarivelo and Jasmine Cooper. I hope you enjoyed their story.

What time is it over there? Here is Nigeria, it's 6:14am so drop the time you are reading the last chapter of The Mafia's Mistaken Bride.

I have new books to bring again but this time, I am indecisive on which one to start with between THE MAFIA'S WANTED SPY and THE MAFIA NEXT DOOR.

I need your suggestions. I would be glad if you can help me choose. Meanwhile, don't forget to vote, comment and share. If you haven't followed me yet, please do that.

Thank you all so much for your usual support, encouragement and love. It keeps me going and I appreciate everyone of you reading this.

God bless you all.

I'm going to miss my sweet Jasmine, what about you?😂😁

Who is going to miss Xavier or the Andre and her silly boyfriend?

Ciao

Bye.

Lots of love from me to you❤️💕💓💗