CHAPTER 75

Xavier's POV 

There is a missed call from Jasmine.

While instructing the men on what to do, my phone rang but ignored it without knowing it was Jasmine.

Without a second thought, I dialed her number back but it was unreachable. Just before I can try again, her call comes in again and I pick up.

But I can't hear a word.

"Are you there?" I inquire in curiosity, wondering why she chose to keep quiet instead of saying something.

Before I can disconnect the call and call back, a shot rings out followed by a scream. From a familiar female voice.

My heart begins to thump wildly within my rib cage when the reality dawns on me. 

It's a trap.

Or perhaps a plan. A well-structured plan.

The spy is either meant to take note of who goes in and out of the mansion or to help divert my attention and that of the guards away so they could have access to the house.

"Jasmine!" I yell, grabbing my hair in frustration, the phone still glued tightly to my ears.

What the hell is happening? Where is she?

"Boss", Mathew calls, making me twirl around to face him. I was waiting for him to appear so we could leave. I wanted the spy to lead us to Sebastian's hideous before coming back to deal with him but now that is not possible.

I need to find Jasmine first.

She is with him. He got to her before we could get to him.

All along, I thought they disappeared into thin air because they were scared but now I know they did that to restructure their plan on how to avenge their boss' death.

This is all my fault.

I shouldn't have allowed her to go out without the guards. I shouldn't have allowed her to go alone with Alex.

The idiot let her go and now she is in danger.

"Sebastian got her", I inform Mathew whose eyes go wide in surprise. "Go with the spy. Find their hideout and check if she is with him while I trace the location of her phone."

Finally, I drop the phone but did not disconnect the call.

"I need to go now before the call gets disconnected", I add. "Where the hell is Ethan?"

From nowhere, Ethan appears, taking long strides towards us. The cars are ready and so are my soldiers.

I don't plan to leave the mansion without any security. Andrew will stay back while Ethan will go with me to find Jasmine's last location before he gets to her and Mathew will go with the spy.

I signal to them, everyone getting into position. Without wasting more time, I walk to the car prepared for us with Ethan and pass him my phone to track. He opens the door and I enter.

He shuts the door and goes to the passenger's seat in front. I fix my gaze solely on the phone in Ethan's hand. The call is still connected and there is no noise.

The silence from the other end is extremely disturbing, making me scared shit of what he would do to her before we get there.

I really need to get to them fast. He mustn't hurt her. I won't forgive myself if he does.

Finally, I force myself to look away, out of the window, staring at the passing houses and trying so hard to calm my nerves.

After being restless for over twenty minutes, I hiss. "Aren't we there yet?"

The driver shakes his head, after sparing a glance at Ethan who is directing him. "Almost, boss."

I shut my eyes, imagining what I would do to Sebastian the moment he is caught. People like him deserve to die. Killing Vicenzo was the right thing to do and it is something I would never regret doing.

Men like him deserve to die over and over again. Men like him oppose and harass women just because they have the power and influence to do that without being questioned.

But this time, he messed with the wrong person. 

He is messing with my woman.

My wife.

If she hadn't been harassed at the party, maybe all of it wouldn't have happened. Now that I think of it, crossing paths with Jasmine while mistaking her for Andre must have been predestined.

If I hadn't brought her here, maybe Vicenzo would have gotten her back in Chicago and made life a living hell for her. I don't even want to imagine what he would do to her.

For this reason, I can't wait to get my hands on Sebastian and the rest of Vicenzo's men. They deserve no mercy.

"Stop!" Ethan's commanding tone makes me flash my eyes open. Pointing towards a car parked in the middle of the road, he announces. "That's their car."

It is.

It is one of my cars. The driver's door is wide open and the rest of the doors are closed. Without a word from me, Felix parks roughly and I get out in a hurry.

The first thing I see as I hurry over to the car is a pool of blood. My steps halt as I trace the blood to the body of Grayson.

He is lifeless with his two hands clutching tightly to his stomach. A sense of loss hits me hard and I almost let out a frustrated yell.

If there is anything else I hate apart from losing out during a fight, then it is losing my men. 

Sebastian has bitten more than he can chew. His offenses are piling up and I promise I won't give him an easy death. He is going to die a slow, painful death for all his crimes. I am going to avenge Grayson just the way he is on the path of avenging Vicenzo.

Turning away slightly, I see Felix biting his lips as he stares at Grayson while Ethan ducks his head out of the car.

He brings out Jasmine's phone, stretching it to me. Before I can say anything else, he moves past me, looking around for any sort of evidence.

This is a dead end actually.

This is the middle of the road and we have no idea where they must have taken her to. If only she had gone with her phone, maybe we would have been able to track them down even before they got away.

But right now, we are left with just an option.

Ethan comes back and shakes his head. There is absolutely nothing here to lead us to them but I am not bothered. I have a way to get to them.

I nod at him and instruct. "You two should bring Grayson into the car, I will drive. Felix will drive this other car with Ethan. We need to move now!"

I point at the car Jasmine and Grayson took out and stretch my hand towards Felix for the other car's key.

I sense a hint of hesitation in Ethan's movement. When our eyes meet, he asks. "Can I drive you?"

"No!" I respond sharply. "Get to work!"

I watch them carry Grayson's lifeless body into the back of the car I am going to drive. Ethan shuts the door and goes back to pick up Grayson's gun which is stained with his blood. 

Felix appears with a bag and Ethan drops the gun inside.

Just before I can walk towards the car so we can go, I hear the sound of the police van approaching.

Ethan shares a knowing look with me and I hurry over to the car, jump inside and ignite the car engine into action.

Ethan drives past me and I follow immediately, speeding off.

****
Don't hate me for Grayson's death😭

Air your views and don't forget to vote❤️