Chapter 2

3 months later

Lola getting ready to show off the open house to people around the neighborhood.  She got out of the shower and lotioned her body.  Fix her hair, and put on a little makeup. She went into the closet looking through all her dresses.  She picked out this white dress.  With some silver heels.  She put on some silver earrings grabbed her white purse and was out the door. 

Pulling up outside the house. It was a 3 Bedroom 2 bath with a garage and a full backyard with a gate around the house.  She walks in the house and goes outside to put up the sign.  As customers begin rolling in loving the house.  She had plenty of offers on it. 

Quincy pulls up outside this house that says "Open house" he's been trying to find a place for Zach and himself for the longest.  Either they had been taken already or were not for sale.  He gets out going inside seeing other people also checking it out.  As he heads to the kitchen seeing Lola smiling and talking to her customers.  He waited patiently. 

After Lola was done she noticed Quincy standing in front of her. 

"Wow.  I'm surprised to see you" he said

"Why is that? "

"You a realtor? "

"Oh,  cause you seen me with my girls you couldn't picture me being one? "

"No, I wasn't saying it like that. Just thought I wouldn't see you again"

"Surprise you recognize me"

"Well ill never forget a beautiful face. And I do love the color you got"

Lola dyed her hair Brown.

"Thank you.  So are you looking to move?  What made you stop by? "

"My son will be starting college soon.  So I need to move closer to his school"

"You have a son? "

"Yeah, he's 17. He plays ball.  Got a full scholarship to college"

"Wow seems like dad doing a good job raising him"

"I try my best. "

"So this house is a 3-bedroom 2-bath. Washer and dryer hookup.  Full face in the backyard.  Plus a garage"

"How much are you asking for?"

"So this price sits at 125k.  Is that too high for you? "

Quincy laughs.

"Nothing never too high for me. You gone show me around? "

"Look around? Do you see me showing them? "

Quincy liked that she was straightforward and ain't hold anything back. 

"Alright.  I'll be back"

30 minutes passed Quincy comes back. Lola talking to one of her customers to get they information for the house.  After she was done Quincy walked back up to her. 

"So how do you like it? "

"I think it needs a little more work.  Maybe a few more decorations to bring out the house.  Maybe change the color"

Quincy can be straight too.  He just wanted her to know they had something in command. 

"Okay okay.  Honesty"

"We can both be straightforward.  What other places do you have? "

"I have an open house at 2 this afternoon if you would like to stop by. "

"Yeah hopefully it looks better than this one"

"Okay you can go"

Quincy laughed

"I'm joking but it just ain't for me, is all I'm saying, baby. You do look beautiful today"

"Thank you.  And you don't look bad yourself. I'll hope to see you at 2"

"Most def"

Quincy walks out leaving. Lola stayed at the house for another 2 hours before wrapping it up going to the next house.  It's already 1:30 so she makes her way to the other house pulling up.  This house was a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom.  A garage and full yard without gates this time.  Walking in getting everything in place for her next customers.  It was around 4 when she was about to close up when Quincy walked in with his son.

"Hey.  I was about to close up"

"I'm sorry.  Had to wait for my son to get to the house. May we look around? "

"Ain't gone lie you beautiful Ma Ma" Zach said

"Boy get your ass "

Zach took off walking upstairs laughing.

"Excuse him"

"I know how teenage boys can get.  He looks like you"

"Yeah. I say he looks like his momma.  But this place more better than the last"

"I was hoping you say that"

"How much? "

"This price is 175k"

"Okay I might need this"

Zach came back down seeing his pops smiling hard.

"Dang pops ain't seen you smile since Mom"

"Boy.  How do you like the house? " He asked

"This fits me.  I can have a party in the back on graduation day"

"I heard you like playing ball," Lola said

"I'm the best one they got"

"I like the passion in you.  Keep it up"

"And I like you too," Zach said

"Get in the car," Quincy said throwing him his key and pointing towards the door.

"You a hater.  He likes you" Zach said leaving out. 

"So we ain't the only ones Straightforward, " Lola said laughing. 

Quincy laughed

"You should let me get to know you better"

"It depends"

"On?"

"Where would you take me? "

"You seem more of the R&B type.  Maybe the R&B lounge? " He asked

"So you reading me? "

"That's what I do"

"I'll like that," She said with a sweet voice this time. 

"Give me your number"

Lola gave her number to Quincy before he left.  She finishes putting everything up before locking the door and leaving.  Lola was walking to her car when her ex-boyfriend came around the corner getting out of the car.  He began to choke her. 

"That's what are we doing now?"

"Get off me Jordan"

Jordan was her man for 3 years before Lola called it off,  cause all he did was cheat on her and abuse her.  He never wanted her to move on.

"Who that nigga? "

"He came to look at the house Jordan.  Get off me" Lola said pushing him back.

"Don't fucking play with me.  I'll fuck you up"

Lola walks in his face.

"Yeah gone on the head.  And I bet everybody out will catch you doing it"

Standing face to face Jordan didn't say anything.  Lola opened her car door got in drove off.