67

5 months later.

Lola wakes up not seeing Quincy in the bed.  She becomes mad instantly thinking he's gone.  She gets up and goes downstairs to see him cooking breakfast. 

"Morning baby"

"I was about to call you"

"For what?" He said looking up.  "I'm here. "

"Yeah.  Today! " she said coming to the kitchen grabbing a piece of bacon and walking to her living room. 

Quincy watched her walk past with her stomach hanging out.  She was beautiful to him how she looked.  Her skin glowed more.  She just always had an attitude

"Aye you need to kill that attitude," He said smiling. 

"Ain't got one," She said sitting down on the couch.

Quincy brings her a plate with just eggs and a few pieces of bacon with a lot of sliced fruits more strawberries. 

"Here," He said leaning down and kissing her cheek and then her stomach. "I got to go," Quincy said

"Where now? " She said

"Get your ass some more strawberries.  You want to come?"

"Yep," she said getting up and taking her plate to the kitchen and putting it in the microwave. Going to the room to get her shoes.

Quincy smiles seeing her walk into the room with an attitude.  She comes out walking out the door. 

"Damn, you ain't gone wait? " He said walking to the door and starting the car from inside. He walks out locking the door.

Lola gets in the car.  Quincy comes in looking at her.

"Your attitude getting out of hand.  I don't know if it's the cause of the baby or not" he said driving off. They pulled up to her favorite spot "Wing Stop" They got out and went inside to see Melody. 

"Hey, Lola.  Dang you getting big.  And it looks so cute on you" She said

"Thanks, girl.  I feel horrible every day though" she said laughing. 

"Hey baby you ready" Romel said walking up with the food. 

Lola clears her throat not saying anything.  Romel looks down at her belly and then back at her.  Quincy noticed how he looked. The dude seems hurt still. 

"So this Romel.  Romel this is Lola and Quincy"

"We know him," Lola said

"Really?  How? "

"It doesn't even matter," Lola said

"Yea let's go," Romel said grabbing Melody by the waist and leaving out.

"Buddy ass still seems mad"

Lola ain't say nothing cause she never really got to hear how he felt. 

"How you know Lola? " Melody said walking out with Romel. 

"It doesn't even matter"

"It does if we get serious.  What is it?".

Romel took a deep breath stopping her.  "Look I knew Lola since we was 10. She was the love of my life well  I thought so"

"Wait so.  Did you move here for her?"

"Something like that.  But she chose dude and she pregnant.  So I ain't tripping about it" he said looking away.

"Don't seem like it to me.  I seen how you look at her"

"Melody it doesn't matter no more" Romel said becoming irritated

Quincy helps Lola in the car shutting the door. He hops in driving off.   

"So you've been off work for a week now.  Have you been looking for a place for us? " Quincy asked

"I still don't know," she said

"Well, I'm not about to drag the baby out back and forth to each other houses.  You acting like we ain't together"

"I didn't say that Quincy"

"You've been acting like it lately.  Waking up mad every damn day.  Like I've done something to your ass and it's starting to get on my nerves, Lola"

"Quincy just take me home"

"I Am, then I'm going to my house. Since you still acting like that" he said becoming mad. 

"And I don't give a fuck" She said

Quincy pulls up at her house seeing her get out and slamming the door.  He watched as she went inside before driving off.  He went over to Melvin's house and went inside seeing Mark there. 

"Sup pass the bottle," Quincy said sitting down. Drinking it from the bottle. 

"Damn, nigga you good? "

"Lola ass and this pregnancy shit.  Her ass wakes up with an attitude every day.  I'm tired of that shit"

"Pregnancy can be a motherfucka.  Don't sweat it, man.  She was probably mad she the one who has to carry the baby" Mark said

"Man I dropped her ass off.  I'm going to my crib.  I can't be around that shit.  She gone stress a nigga out"

They laughed

"Nigga you wanted the baby," Melvin said

"And still do.  I ain't sign up to deal with that shit though"

"Trying to hit the club with us tonight.  Yo ass ain't been out in a minute nigga" Mark said

"Hell yeah.  Let me go change and ill meet y'all niggas there" Quincy said getting up leaving out.