𝓲𝓲. the stares.

CHAPTER ONE!
the stares
written - 12.2.23 | not-proofread

"IF ONE MORE PERSON STARES AT me i'm leaving

"IF ONE MORE PERSON STARES AT me i'm leaving." Alexis sighed as she set her lunch tray on the table. Sitting down with the help of who she guessed was Paul by his tight grip on her arm. "It happened four years ago. You would think people would get over it already."

"Sadly it doesn't work like that." The voice of Embry stated as he walked over to the table, sitting on the left side of Alexis while Paul sat in the right side of her. Alexis was thankful LaPush highschool had mixed lunch, three lunch periods with all grades mixed up into those three lunch periods. In the beginning of the year the group found out Paul, Nel, and Jared had separate lunches from Alexis and Embry and forced Sam to call the school ( threaten the principal ) to have them all have a same lunch.

"No shit." Alexis scoffed as she felt for her fork. "Someone give me my fork." Alexis softly smiled as she felt the soft hands of Nel hand her a fork. "Thanks Nel."

"How do you do that?" Jared asked, Alexis could tell he had food shoved in his mouth by the sound of his muffled voice. "How can you tell who is who without hearing their voices?"

"Nel has really soft hands and wraps an arm around my shoulder or hips when he helps me. Paul has really rough hands and death grips my upper arm when he's helping me. Embry has really long fingers and always grabs my hands or stands behind me and grabs my waist when he helps me. Quil is always scared to touch me for some reason so his hands just barely touch my shoulders when he helps me. Jacob doesn't help me at all because he's scared he might break me or something. And you Jared, have really really rough hands and you always stand behind me and grab my shoulders when you help me." Alexis explained as she stabbed her fork into her salad.

"You're amazing..." Paul stated as he stared at her in pure admiration. Paul always liked Alexis. Ever since her and Nel had a sleepover in his backyard in third grade, forcing him to join them so 'no bears would get them in their sleep' as if a a ten year old boy could fight off a bear. She made his feel like he was needed, like he was wanted for something. Alexis smiled at him, feeling him grab her hands and place them on his cheeks, letting her feel his small smile.

"Hey, have you guys heard from Jake?" Embry asked making Alexis drop her hands from Paul's cheeks.

"Yeah. He texted me this morning saying he didn't need a ride. He's staying home to work on some old truck." Nel stated making Embry nod. "So how was class?" Nel asked Alexis making the girl roll her eyes.

"Stupid as usual." Alexis never got the true highschool experience, by having to go from class to class. Instead she was stuck in one classroom with every single blind freshman all day.

"Hey, at least you don't have to get shoved in the hallway every passing period." Nel chuckled making Alexis shake her head with a small smile.

"Yeah, I guess." Alexis sighed as she placed her fork down. "Hey Paul?" Paul hummed, Alexis guessed his mouth was full of something. "Can you get me an apple juice?" Paul grabbed her hand and placed it on his cheek once again making her feel his nod. She felt him move to get up and let her hand fall.

 She felt him move to get up and let her hand fall

JILLIAN SPEAKS
sorry for such a short chapter.
i didn't really know what to
add to this chapter.

also! quil will show up
eventually!

make sure to star/like and comment!