03.

"ARE YOU SCARED?"

"ARE YOU SCARED?"

All Lucas could do was nod his head because yes he was scared out of his mind. Something was going to happen to his body and he couldn't do anything about it. He was seated with his back against the tree, while Nyx sat next to him.

They were eating while drinking water. "You don't have to be scared, I will ease the pain. From what I know is that if your mate is with you in your first shift it won't be as painful." He explained making Lucas wonder who was his sister's mate.

Teddy and killian emerged from the trees. He wondered if it was killian who was her mate. He hoped it was killian, he knew killian ever since he was small and he trusted him with his twin sister. He knew he wouldn't hurt her emotionally or physically.

Teddy went to sit against a tree, letting out a sigh. Her lips were pulled down in a frown and Lucas knew she was dreading what was coming later on. She couldn't stop thinking about it, her wolf kept reassuring her that having her mate near her would help her.

Killian sat next to her, letting her rest the side of her head on his shoulder. Before anyone can say a word Killian's cellphone rang out, he slipped it from his pocket to see who was calling. He tensed up when he saw the caller ID.

Teddy's wolf whimpered knowing who that name belonged too. "I'll be right back" he said standing up and walking away. Teddy's heart thumped wildly against her chest.

The only thing that could be heard in the woods were the chirp of crickets and birds. Killian finally returns, a concerned look on his face. "What is it?" It was Teddy who asked, her voice was strong even though she was nervous inside.

Killian couldn't hide it from her, something inside of him felt really bad. "Millie is in the hospital, she's asking for me" he couldn't look at her face. "And you are going to go aren't you" she said not looking at him.

He was silent for a while but she couldn't get mad. It's not like they were a couple. He was still oh so in love with that cheating bitch. She felt like kagome from inuyasha the anime.

She stood up, that meant he wouldn't be there when she would shift. Jealousy. She felt jealous for a cheating bitch who didn't deserve Killian's attention. "Have fun" was all she said walking away, wanting to be near the lake for some unknown reason.

It was almost dark and she wanted to see how the reflection of the moonlight would look against the lake. She wanted to share her first shift experience with him but again she couldn't blame him.

She still owned his heart. She stood near the lake, looking up as the sun was slowly going down. 'Mate, we need mate!' She could hear her wolf whine but she couldn't answer it. She knew he had gone to her because as she waited for him to get back it was getting late.