#02

Something felt terribly off.

Moon sipped on a cup of warm tea, after having taken a refreshing shower in the Polar Tang. Hugging the cushion tightly to her chest, she recalled the terrified look on the Law guy's face. It was filled with nothing but trauma and shock. I wonder what's up with that guy, she pondered.

"What does he mean by he wants to keep me here for a day? I need to get back to my babies."

Pouting to herself, Moon drew circles on the cushion, wanting to just barge into his room to start interrogating the Law guy. However, she knew not to agitate him any further— he looked as if he was going to kill her, roast her, boil her...

"I'm hungry."

Tossing the cushion aside, Moon took a step out of the room to look for a kitchen or pantry of some sort. Her clumsy eyes scanned the place, which she now understood was a submarine that belonged to the "Heart Pirates". What an adorable name for such a scary-looking captain, she thought to herself. I wonder how that name came about, and why he had to panic so much. Having so many questions with no answers bore no fruit for her, as she wandered about the submarine for a few more moments before going back into the room assigned to her. It was a makeshift one with a sleeping bag and a few cushions, but that felt comforting to her given her living situation.

"Come."

Hearing Law's voice startled Moon a great deal, as she relaxed her shoulders and turned around to face the man who was just walking to her room to pay her a visit. Moon frowned at his choice of word— it was obviously a command, and a rude one at that. He could have phrased his words ten different ways with a better expression and body language, she thought to herself. If he were my student, I'd have already chided him. Watching her blankly stare at him, Law walked forward to pull her by the shirt quite roughly. Moon tried to resist his hand, but as if to prove the tattoos were not just an accessory, his grip was strong and deadly.

"Law guy. I'm really hungry."

"Are you serious?"

Law could not even handle a mouthful of food right now, and this woman is demanding for food from someone who had captured her? Law scoffed, his anger and resentment growing every second. He sighed audibly, and disappeared for a moment before returning with a few packets of bread. Tossing it to her, she awkwardly caught all of them one by one, her arms folded like an origami piece someone abandoned before completion.

"...Thanks."

Moon muttered a word of appreciation before following Law into the room she was told to stay in. It was the storeroom of their submarine, and a huge candle light shone on their faces as they sat on the floor cross-legged. Law eyed the woman who was smiling at the taste of the red bean bun he just tossed her. He disliked bread, and gave it to her as an act of rebellion, to show that he is just throwing away food he didn't want to begin with. Not knowing anything, Moon happily munched on the soft bites of bun, waiting for Law to start talking. She was still suspicious and heavily wary of everything that was happening, but the refreshing bath and replenishing food put her slightly at ease. Law watched the woman with hatred, hating how she was so easily satisfied by nothing, just like Corazon did.