#22

Note: I'M SO SORRY this update took so long. I honestly never thought anyone would even read them, so I didn't have a schedule planned for this, but I noticed many lovely readers commenting and voting. Thank you with all my heart♡♡♡ It really means the world to me, I'll screenshot sweet comments and re-read them hahahah :D. I've been really busy and kind of into finishing up AOT. The anime was so deep and depressing (in a good way) that I couldn't bring myself to write a happy fanfic like this one >_< I wanted to make sure it was good enough to repay your love. (Hope you) Enjoy! ♡

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☾ ◯ ☽₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

"Captain!"

Bepo's voice rang through the otherwise quiet Polar Tang, and the mentioned male looked up from the newspapers to give the commotion a glance. The crew was sailing through a quiet part of the ocean, everyone doing their own things. Moon was busy reading the adventures Law had been having so far, with Ikkaku sitting beside her to add on some details that were not kept on the logs. Bepo took a seat next to Law and began whispering into his ear, making the captain twitch at his smooth fur tickling his neck.

"Captain, let's get off and have a campfire."
"Again? Bepo, remember what happened the last time we did that?"
"Well, we met Moon."
"Right..."

Not knowing how to argue back at that, Law sighed and folded the newspapers and placed it beside him, staring at the windows that gave them a glimpse of the ocean from inside.

"Are we approaching an island?"
"Yeah, it's unhabited, according to this chart."

Taking a good look at the charts Bepo was holding onto, Law calculated the risks in his head and eventually gave in to Bepo's plea. The Mink did a quick fist bump into the air before apologising at everyone giving him a look at the sudden movement. Law walked into the room the girls were in, and was greeted by Moon's eyes darting right up at him upon feeling his presence.

"Captain-doctor?"

"We're going to land for a short break. Come out once you're ready."

Nodding their heads excitedly, the two girls exchanged glances before getting up to pick an outfit for the day. Ikkaku decided to pull on a white t-shirt and brown pants that reached mid-thigh, while Moon wore a light pink top and a pair of denim shorts. The two headed out gleefully, all ready to take a break from breathing the same air as the same bunch of people for days. Ignoring the crew blushing at their appearance, the two waited for the docking to be complete before heading out of the Polar Tang. Law was the last to leave, donned in a white singlet and cotton pants completed with a long, oversized jacket. He sighed to himself for a brief moment after checking that all was good and shut the door behind him as he walked forward to where everyone was.

"Don't get lost and start fights. Keep a low profile. Got it?"

"Aye aye, sir!"

Hearing their cheery replies always got him in a great mood- the captain smiled to himself as he dismissed everyone and grabbed Moon's arm before she could run away with Ikkaku to explore the forest-like place.

"Hey, make sure you don't let anyone know you're with us. Stay safe and stick close to me, alright?"

"Paranoid captain, I'll be fine. Can I go?"

"Sure."

Resisting the urge to plant a kiss on her lips, Law let go of her arm and watched her trot away with Ikkaku. Sighing at her enthusiasm to run away, he looked up at the sky and checked that it was clear before walking around the place for a while. He took in the greenery slowly, taking deep breaths and stretching out his long limbs in an attempt to be one with nature. His eyes took in the details of the tall trees, vines creeping up the walls and caught up with the girls soon enough.