#23

"Mr. Super handsome captain."

Shachi used his index finger to poke Law, who was still resting under a tree, his voice all dissatisfied from the previous night's answer that Moon gave about Law being the most handsome person on the crew. Law's eyebrows furrowed as he opened his eyes, telling him that he had been awake for a while now, just that he was resting his eyes.

"What's up, Shachi?"
"Your favourite person is-"

He immediately got up at the phrase 'favourite person', and Shachi stared with his mouth opened wide, sensing the blatant favouristism in his captain. Law realised this and slouched back down, feigning ignorance and scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"And who would that be, Shachi?"
"I don't know, you would know."

At his crew's mini pouting and tantrum, Law wondered if he was still drunk and eyed him carefully. Checking that he was fully sober already, Law apologised softly and shook his head at himself. Ruffling his raven hair, Law got back up to sit against the tree, his eyes clearly showing guilt.

"Everyone on The Hearts Pirates is precious to me. What happened, Shachi?"
"Hmpf. Well, your beloved has a stomachache. Still looks good, though."
"Shachi, tell me the facts without fanboying. Lead me there."

Shachi pulled a playful face before stepping backwards at his captain's dark expression, and slowly walked over to the tree where Moon was lying down with her stomach all bloated and a frown obviously creasing her forehead. Law saw that her face was damp with perspiration, and carefully went ahead to ask everyone to step back. Penguin exchanged looks with Shachi, as the two nodded their heads and stuck to close to Bepo, who had been lurking around in worry. Ikkaku was the one who placed her under the shade and was gone looking around for a huge leaf to fan her friend.

"Scan."

Law's voice boomed over everyone's worried hearts, and he immediately spotted an area of simple indigestion. He frowned and bent down, his one knee on the ground beside her abdomen.

"You alright?"

Lowering his voice so that it could only reach her, Law placed a caring hand on her stomach, as she looked away shyly and nodded her head. Damn it, why does he have to see my stomach like this? All bloated and... urgh. Seeing her humanness made her even more attractive, but Moon was in more pain at Law seeing her without a flatter stomach than her actual stomachache.

"Moon."
"Huh?"
"You are perfectly fine. Get up."
"Hey, what happened to 'you'll get well soon' or something?"
"Get up first. They're saying I'm biased to you. And plus... these thirsty men can't stop admiring you."

Throwing her a jacket after whispering that, he covered her legs that were barely covered by the denim shorts she was wearing. She only got up after that, feeling the captain's gentle hand on her back helping her up. Her messy hair fell on her back as she got up, some of the sand sticking to her shirt and arms.

"I see nothing too wrong with you. Is the pain that much?"
"No... I told them to not tell you, but seems like they did."
"Please tell me if there's anything wrong with you. Okay? And with anyone else for that matter. Thank you, Shachi."

Turning to Shachi to give a word of thanks, he saw his crew smiling a little at his reassurance. They were meaning to poke fun at Law's obvious lovey dovey side for Moon after seeing them asleep together last night, but did not expect their captain to take it so seriously. He really got to loosen up more, everyone thought. Moon simply rubbed her stomach a few times, as Bepo came forward to lower his head and apologise.

"Sorry... she suddenly grabbed onto her stomach when we were looking for breakfast... So I brought whoever was nearby, to her."
"Good job, Bepo. You did the right thing."