Chapter 57

Second Madam Shen was naturally doubtful about her son earning money via his business. However, she wouldn't express her doubts in front of him.

Although the Zhenguo Duke Estate was a noble household, they were very strict in their upbringing. Shen Qi was good natured and innocent. As his mom, she was aware of this. There were plenty of hedonistic young masters from noble families in the capital, but Second Madam Shen firmly believed her son wouldn't be one of them.

When her son said he wanted to start a business, Second Madam Shen had ordered her subordinates to help, but no longer paid attention afterwards. There were too many things she had to do so she didn't inquire further. Since her son said the silver was earned through the business, she called over the manager for questioning before deciding anything else.

Second Madam Shen gave the orders and brought over the one in charge of daily matters.

Unexpectedly, this manager wasn't aware of the details. He said that young master Shen's business was managed by a low-ranked manager called Second Liu. Thus, Second Liu was called over.
When Second Liu arrived, he was covered in sweat. He was in the middle of work when he was pulled over, and didn't even have time to change into clean clothes.

His mind wasn't fully present, still thinking about all the things he had to finish up today. He even forgot that the one he was going to meet was the household manager Second Madam Shen, whom he had hoped to meet in the past but never could.

Hearing the madam ask about the young master's business, Second Liu was a little puzzled. Did the "young master" not tell the madam?

Considering the young master's age, Second Liu understood. Perhaps since it was his first venture, he was embarrassed to tout his own success in front of his elders.

Second Liu didn't overthink things and excitedly described the current situation of their "come back if good" stands.

After listening, Second Madam Shen didn't express anything and had Second Liu take his leave.
After he left, she couldn't help but mutter: "Could it really be that profitable?"

Second Madam Shen was inexplicably excited and also a little restless. She ordered for her carriage to be prepared and planned to go take a look. She wanted to see if business was truly booming to such an extent.

Throughout the entire afternoon, Second Madam Shen sat in her carriage as she looked at various places in the capital.

She saw the tiny stands and the long lines in front of them. After going to various places and seeing business doing well everywhere, she couldn't resist having a servant buy a few skewers to try it out.
The peddler was unexpectedly keen sighted. Seeing the servant's clothing as well as the carriage close by, he didn't even dare accept any money.

Second Madam Shen took a bite. The flavor was strange, but it was truly delicious.
.......

After seeing around ten stands, Second Madam Shen ordered the carriage back to the estate.

After returning, she still dealt with various matters in the estate. Only when she had some free time did she reveal a startled expression. During dinner, Second Madam Shen kept shooting weird glances at Shen Qi. It didn't seem like she was actually looking at him, but rather through him as she pondered a question.

The brat was a little bashful. Could his mom be extremely happy due to his silver?

Otherwise, why would she be looking at him so weirdly?

Shen Ding didn't think too much about it, but he could also tell his wife was a little strange.

That night, in bed.