blondie

BLONDIE
the mikaelsons

"A blonde doppelganger? Impossible!"

"Not when hair dye exists."

~~~~

All Emilia Gilbert ever wanted to do was leave Mystic Falls and never return. So after being accepted into a ballet school when she was sixteen, Emelia could wait to finally step out from under her twin sister's shadow. She didn't return the Mystic Falls, not even when her parents died, but when she sustains a life changing injury, she has no choice other than to return while she re-evaluates her future.

Much her her dismay, she returns home to find the town overrun by vampires with her sister at the center of it all. Having become very aware of the supernatural during her time away, she makes the decision to stay out of it. But what will Emilia do when she catches the eye of the oldest vampires alive? And what will the Mikaelsons think about a bottle blonde doppelganger who seems to know more than she's letting on?

OC x Freya, Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Rebekah and Kol

~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE

If you frequently read vampire diaries fanfictions, then you've likely come across several about Elena's twin sister. It's a fairly common trope that I never seem to grow old of, however, I've always wanted to read one where the twin dyes her hair.

As someone with an identical twin, I spent a lot of my life striving to look as different from her as possible. Not because I didn't love her, but because I wanted to be seen as my own person. I've been wanting to incorporate that part of my life into a book for quite some time. Plus, Elena was blonde in the books, so I really liked the idea of giving the TV version a blonde twin.

(Emilia is 18 during the events of the book)