chapter seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

The moment I left my room after a fitful night of sleep, I was ambushed by Damon Salvatore. With my hair unbrushed and my stomach empty, he somehow managed to convince me to join him and the others at the Salvatore's.

"I really don't see why I need to be here." I grumbled, taking in the house as Damon led me through the door.

"After being kidnapped, we figured it was probably best to keep you in the loop," Damon shrugged as I followed him down the corridor, wincing at the pain in my foot. "Besides, you already know about vampires. If my memory serves correctly, you mentioned you slept with one."

"Biggest mistake of my life." I grumbled as I found myself in the living room, which was already occupied by Stefan, Elena and my kidnapper. My eyes widened in alarm briefly. I scowled at Rose as I sat on the sofa next to my twin and at least she had the decency to look ashamed.

Elena looked up at Damon with a scowl before asking, "Now that she's here, can we get started."

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true." Rose began, pacing in front of the fireplace, "It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real."

"Who is he?" Elena asked, looking up at our former captor.

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend." Damon answered and I shuffled in my seat.

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan elaborated.

"Like Elijah?" My twin asked and I kept my eyes on the floor, my thoughts briefly wandering to last night in my room.

"No, Elijah was the Easter Bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier." Rose explained, "Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan said and I mentally rolled my eyes at the inaccuracy.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me and Emilia?" Elena asked nervously.

"Yes."

"No."

Rose and Stefan said at the same time and Damon sighed, "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..."

"Which it is." Rose interjected.

"And you're not saying this so we don't kill you?"

"Which I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe." Damon concluded.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you both exist." Stefan said in an attempt to comfort Elena as he moved to sit next to her.

"Not that you know off." Rose corrected and my poor sister's eyes widened.

"That's not helping." Damon hissed at the vampire.

Finding this whole conversation difficult to stomach given what I knew, I stood up and limped over to Damon, who looked down at me with a hint of concern. "I can't stand this any longer, take me home."

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him." Stefan told me softly, misinterpreting my distress.

"Don't sell yourself short, Stefan." I snarked, my lip tilting upwards, "I'm sure you know someone who's seen him. For all you know, you've met the man himself."

"I'm sure I would remember if I met the man who wants to murder my girlfriend." Stefan said to me before turning to my sister, "We're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story."