chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR

I was unceremoniously dropped onto a couch when I finally woke. My head was throbbing and I winced as I forced my eyes open to see my twin beside me. A man, a vampire I was guessing, was currently removing the ropes that bound my hands and feet. I eyed him wearily.

"What do you want?" Elena asked him as he removed her blindings as well and I silently begged her to shut up. She was going to end up getting us in even more trouble if she wasn't careful, "Please, I'm hurt."

"He kidnapped us, Elena, he doesn't care if you're hurt!" I hissed at her.

"I know. Just a taste." The vampire said, his fangs lengthening as he leaned down to bite my sister.

"Trevor!" A female voice halted him, "Control yourself!"

"Buzzkill." Trevor complained as he left the room, leaving us alone with the woman.

"What do you want with us?" Elena stammered.

"Oh my god, you both look just like her." She said, her eyes darting between both of us before landing on me, "Apart from the hair, at least."

"But I'm not. Please, whatever you-" Elena attempted to bargain.

"Be quiet!" Our kidnapper warned her.

"But I'm not Katherine. My name is Elena Gilbert; you don't have to do this." Elena continued and I let out an exasperated sigh from where I sat on the couch.

"I know who you are, I said be quiet."

"What do you want?" Elena asked and her question was met with a hard strike across the face. My sister landed unconscious on the couch beside me.

"I want you to be quiet." The woman said before turning her stern gaze to me. I gave her a bright smile as I mimed zipping my lips and throwing away the key.

The woman let out a sigh before leaving the room.

***

As our kidnappers spoke upstairs, my sister began to wake. I held a finger to my mouth, warning her to be silent and she quickly nodded. The two vampires were talking just loud enough for me to make out what they were saying.

"How are the girls?" The woman asked.

"Blondie stared daggers at me when I went to check and the other was still passed out." Trevor responded and I rolled my eyes at his remark about me.

"You didn't touch them, did you?"

"Give me some credit. So, you called him?"

My ears pricked as my heartbeat began to speed up. If they were talking about who I thought they were, it would be both a blessing and a curse.

"No, I called one of his contacts. You know how this works."

"Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?"

I audibly sighed in relief. I could handle Elijah but I wouldn't have been able to handle seeing him yet.

"They say he got it." The woman confirmed.