Fuji is Born

Well, now let me tell you about Fuji. It all started a couple years before the big war. It was springtime and my good zebra friend Zecora, had just become a proud mama. Zecora said to her wife, Apple Bloom, "We'll call him Fuji. He's such a beauty." Apple Bloom said, "Fuji is a lovely name, Zecora. Fuji." Zecora then said, "Hey, can this be? He knows his name already." Fuji looked up at his moms and said, "Mama. Mommy." Apple Bloom said in shock, "He's, he's got a shiny coat!" Zecora explained, "Shiny?! I didn't know, but I'd even say it glowed!" Fuji's coat continues to glow. Apple Bloom said, "Well we'll simply have to overlook it." Zecora then explains, "How can you overlook that?! His coat glows like the eyes of a bat!" And that's how I came into the story, visiting the newly formed family. I said," Well, Zecora, where's the new member of the family? After all, if he's going to lead my pups someday, he'll get to know me." Then I walked towards the newborn zebra-pony colt and said, "Well, hi there, aren't you the sturdy little guy?" Fuji looked up at me and said, "Laura." I chuckled and said, "And smart too." Then I saw Fuji's yellow striped coat start to glow. I shouted, "Dear sweet Celestia!" Zecora then said, "Laura, I'm sure it'll stop as soon as he grows up, to lead all of your flying pups." I said, "Well, let's hope so if he's going to make the sleigh team someday." I then looked at the colt and told him, "You see, little guy, every year I spread out the real good classics for all my lucky pups."