Chapter 12

First of all HAPPY 2024 to my lovely readers. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I had thought that I shall update the chapter once 20k words are written but I wanted to update on new year at the same time, so here we are with 7k words.

But next chapter will contain atleast 30k words and shall be updated on 31 January 2024.

I promise.💛

But for that I need motivation which will only come by your amazing reactions through comments.

So please comment as much as you can.

Please comment.

*****************

Arti’s phone has been ringing for probably more than 10 minutes, but she was not picking it up. In fact,  she was not seeing who was calling. May be because she knew. She has tried to keep her concentration on the screen of her laptop.

Priya - Have you gone deaf? Your phone has been ringing since ages. Why are you not picking it up?

Priya says, coming out of the bathroom, rubbing her  wet hair with a towel. She was having her night suit on.

Arti - Because I don’t want to talk to the person who’s calling me.

Priya - And who is calling you and why don’t you want to talk to him?

Arti- Why don’t you pick yourself up and ask him? He is such a headache.

She says, extending her phone to Priya.

Priya - Well then, let me cure this headache of yours.

She says quickly, grabbing and picking it up.

Vikrant- Hello.

As soon as she heard Vikrant, voice she was frozen at her place. She didn't take even a fraction of second to recognise his voice.  She immediately knew it was him.

Probably because their first meeting impacted her very much. She was clearly very much impressed by him.

He kept on saying 'hello' several times but, she couldn't gather enough courage to say hello back. She felt as if her tongue got paralyzed.

 Vikrant - Hello, Arti.  Why are you not speaking?

She still kept quiet.

Vikrant- Do you think that by not picking up my phone or not speaking to me will get you rid of me? That ain’t gonna happen, honey.  I don’t want to hear any excuse. I shall come to pick you up at 7:00 PM. Be ready and pretty. Bye.

He hung up leaving Priya still having phone near her ear.

Arti- What happened? Why are you looking so stunned?

Priya- Isn’t he the same guy who came to see you in hospital?

Priya- Yes. The very one.

Priya answers taking her phone back.

Her answer and the way Vikrant spoke to Arti made Priya curious about their bond.

Priya- Are you guys dating?

To be exact, not curious but suspiciously jealous.

Arti- What? No.  Why would you think like that?

She immediately spoke.

Priya- The way he was frank with you, anyone would think what I did.

Arti- He was just being friendly.

Arti says closing her laptop and keeping it in the drawer near her bed.

Priya- Friendly? When did you become friends with him?