Chapter 7

I wake up the next day from the sound of my phone going off uncontrollably.  I try putting a pillow over my head to block out the noise of my phone but it doesn't work. I sit up and glare at my phone. 

"Shut up!" I yell at my phone. Just as I say that my phone goes silent. "Finally."

*Ding* 

"Are you serious?" I grab my phone and see who the notifications are from. I thought all the messages were from Indi but only the most recent one is. The rest are from Kruz?

I go and open up instagram, which is where the messages are from. I see he has sent me five messages all in the spam of two minutes.

Kruz: Are you ready to here the plan for today?

Kruz:  Here is the steps for today

Kruz: Step 1-  I go up to Sam and start bringing you into conversations and see how he reacts

Kruz: Step 2- Find out what Sam thinks about you

Kruz: That's all the steps for today. See you at school

I stare frozen at my screen. What the fuck. I then open my message from Indi. 

Indi:  What uniform are you wearing today?

I reply back to Indi but I ignore Kruz's messages. For the rest of the morning I try to get ready without thinking about the messages, which I have no luck accomplishing.

~

I arrive at the pod and see that Indi has already arrived. 

She's on her phone lost in her own little world so I stand in front of her. She raises her head and says, "Hi." She sees the look on my face and becomes concerned. "What's wrong."

I put on a fake smile and reply, "Kruz texted me."

Indi gasps. "What! When!"

"This morning. I woke up from my phone going off with notifications, which were all from him except for one which was yours."

"What did he say?" She asks. I show her the messages while also explaining what happened yesterday when we had to dance with them. 

"Why didn't you tell me sooner!" Indi yells. 

"Because I forgot ok? Plus I didn't think it was that important." I say. She gives me her sad look. "I'm sorry for not telling you."

"You should be. Anyways, why didn't you respond?" Indi asks. 

I shrug. "Didn't know what to say."

"Well you do know that on instagram you can see who has read your messages right?" Indi raises her eyebrows at me.

"Oh... I didn't think of that." 

"Well you better reply to him ASAP before he sees that you left him on read. That would be awkward." 

I open up my phone and go into his messages.

"Has he been active since he sent the messages?" Indi asks. 

"Nope. What do I reply with?"

"Just say thanks. You don't need to make it complicated." Indi says.

I reply back to Kruz with a simple thank you. Ten seconds later I see he has seen my message.

"Jeez that was quick." Indi mumbles. "Looks like someone is a bit obsessed with hearing from you." She has a massive smile on her face. 

"Who's a bit obsessed from hearing from Maya?" I hear Bella say.

"Kruz." Indi says. I glare at her but she just shrugs and continues talking to Bella. "He's helping Maya with getting Sam to like her back so this morning he sent her five texts in the spam of two minutes then proceeds to opening Maya's message just after she sent it like ten seconds ago." 

"Wow. Not even Finn replies that fast." Bella says with a shocked face on. 

I roll my eyes at them. "It doesn't mean anything. Anyways, I like Sam remember?" 

"Yeah we know but still who replies that fast. I don't even reply that quickly and I'm speedy when it comes to texting." Indi says. 

"Can we just drop it please?" I ask with my serious face on.

"Ok fine. But still just keep an eye out for Kruz." Bella says.

"Why?" I reply.

"Because when Kruz wants something he will do anything in his power to get it and he will never stop reaching for it." Bella replies. 

And for the rest of the day, what Bella said has been stuck on my mind.