Chapter 10

Last time I saw Kruz he kissed me and asked me out so I'm a bit nervous to see him. I get ready quickly and leave for school. I told my Mum what happened yesterday and although she is a bit skeptical of Kruz, since she has never met him before, she is still happy for me. 

In the car I start to listen to Lover by Taylor Swift since it's exactly what I'm feeling right now. I sway to the music with a little smile on my face. 

~

When I arrive to school I walk to my pod and see Indi already sitting on the bag racks. She hears me coming and turns around giving me a big grin. I smile back at her since we both know exactly what we are thinking. 

''It still doesn't feel real." Indi says. 

"What doesn't?" I ask. 

"That our crushes are now our boyfriends." She replies. I start smiling from ear to ear. I honestly still can't believe it either. 

Me and Kruz texted all night last night so I'm a bit tired today but it was worth it. 

"Look there's your boyfriend." Indi says in a teasing tone. I look in the direction she is pointing at and see him walking past our pod with his AirPods in. He glances at the loud boys who are shouting at each other before looking at me. He smirks and nods his head at me. I smile back at him and I can see him start blushing. 

"You guys are so cute." Bella says. I start smiling even more.

Once the bell goes for period one, me and Indi start walking to the religion classroom. When we arrive Parker and Sam are waiting out the front of their classroom, which is across from ours. Parker sees Indi and waves at her. She waves back with a smile on her face. A couple kids from his class look at him weirdly and start whispering. Indi notices and her smile drops, she looks at the ground sadly. Parker looks confused but then realises what she is sad about. He tries to get her attention but Indi's head is still down. I smile at him sympathetically and he gives me a sad smile in return.

When we get into the classroom me and Indi find a seat at the back of the classroom.

"Ignore them they mean nothing." I whisper to Indi. 

She nods her head. "I know but I'm just worried that he will get embarrassed and break up with me."

"He's not gonna do that don't worry. But if he does he is a dickhead and doesn't deserve you." 

She smiles at me and starts listening to the teacher. 

When it finally hits second break me, Bella and Indi start walking over to the oval. When we arrive we head over to the tree and start talking about plans we have for the weekend. 

We hear footsteps coming up behind us and see the boys coming over to us. 

"Hey guys." Sam says as they complete the last few steps towards us. 

"Hey." We all say at the same time. 

I see Parker start to walk over to Indi. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine." Indi responds.

"No You're not. Was it the kids in my grade?" He asks. She nods as a reply. "Don't worry about them they mean nothing."

"Yeah they are just dickheads who don't have their shit together to mature yet." Finn says. "Just ignore them, they will try and start rumours about you so if you hear anything let us know and we will handle it." 

"Ok thanks." She says. 

We all start talking as a big group about random stuff for a while. 

"So fishy who are you gonna like since you are the only single one here?" Kruz asks Sam. 

Sam shrugs. "I don't know. I haven't found anyone. There's no one good to be honest." We all start cracking up laughing. 

We hear the music start playing, warning us that period five is starting soon.

"What do you have next?" Kruz asks me.

"I have science. What about you?" I reply.

"Same. Once I get my stuff I'll meet you at your bag ok? I want to walk with you to class." 

"Ok." 

Once I get my stuff I see Kruz walking up to me.

"Ready to go?" He asks. I nod my head. 

We start walking through the crowd of students rushing to get to their classes. Kruz walks very close to me, making our shoulders touch and never lose contact. I have to keep looking up to talk to him since he is so tall. 

I notice that when we are walking a lot of kids from his grade are staring at us like weirdos. But I don't care cause i am happy. 

Me and Kruz look at each other and start smiling.