Chapter 9

The next day I arrive to school with no motivation what so ever. I arrive at the bag racks and Bella comes running up to me.

"Hey Maya, tomorrow I'm going to the beach with Finn and we thought it would be fun to invite everyone. I already asked Indi and she is free and Finn asked Parker, Sam and Kruz. Do you want to come?" Bella asks.

"Sure. What time are we meeting up?"

"Around eleven at Kings Beach."

"Ok. I'll see you there." I say. I see Indi come around the corner so I walk up to her.

"Hey. Are you going to the beach tomorrow?" She asks. I nod as a reply. I feel my phone vibrate in my hand, telling me that I received a notification. 

I look at my phone and see that it's a message from Instagram. I open up the app and see that Kruz has texted me.

"What does he want?" Indi asks, looking over my shoulder at my phone. I shrug.

Kruz: Sam told me that he liked you at the start of the year but not anymore. He said that he likes you as a person but not in that way. Sorry Maya.

I hear Indi gasp behind me. "Are you going to be ok?" She's acting like someone just died. God she can be dramatic sometimes. 

I roll my eyes at her. "Yeah I'm fine. I don't think I like him anymore." 

"Well who do you like then?" 

"No one." I say.

"Maya I know you to well to see when your lying. Now tell me!" She reads my expression and widens her eyes. "You like grudge boy!" 

I start blushing. "Well starting to. But I think I have a chance with him."

She starts jumping up and down, acting excited. 

"I thought you would be mad about it?" I ask. 

"Nah it's fine. I was starting to find Sam annoying anyways." We both start laughing hysterically. 

~

The next morning I wake up excited and ready for today. I check the time and see that I work up a little later than I expected so I rush getting ready. 

As I putting the rest of my stuff in my tote bag I hear my Mum Calling for me. 

"Hurry up Maya! We've still got to pick up Indi as well." 

"I'm Coming." I shout back. 

About 20 minutes later we arrive at Indi's house. 

"Hi Mandy." That's the nickname Indi and I call my Mum. We start heading to the beach. I can tell that we are both nervous since I'm quiet and Indi is rambling on about something. 

"We'll be alright Maya. Right?" Indi asks. 

"Yes we will be fine. Just act like your best self and you'll be alright." 

My Mum drops us off at Kings and we see Bella with Finn waiting at the fountains together. Bella sees us and waves at us. We start walking over when we hear people shouting me and Indi's name.

We both turn around and see Kruz and Parker walking over to us. Bella and Finn meet us half way. 

"Sam just texted me and said he can't make it so I guess it just us six." Finn says. 

"Do you want to go get frozen yoghurt it's boiling hot." Parker asks.

"Yes! I love frozen yoghurt. It's my favourite thing in the entire world." I hear Kruz say.