Chapter 8 (Kruz's POV)

Maya: Thank you

I stare down at the text she just sent me and I instantly feel butterflies swarming in my stomach. What the fuck is wrong with me. She sent a text that is all. I drop my bag on the bag racks in front of my classroom and put my phone away.

I feel someone touch my shoulder, I turn around and see that it is Finn along with Parker and Sam. "Kruzzy, what took you so long to get to school this morning.?" Finn asks.

"Sorry my sister woke up late." I reply with a major voice crack. 

"Still going through puberty are you Kruz." Parker says with a smirk on his face. 

I stick the rude finger up at him as a reply. "Come on let's go play some footy. Sam you can be on my team." Time to get the plan into action.

Parker and Finn go on one side of the field while me and Sam go on the other. We start kicking the ball back and forth from each other, which I think is the perfect time to talk about Maya to Sam.

"So Sammy." I say.

"Yeah Kruz?"

"What do you think of Maya?" I ask.

"What do I think of her?" Sam says. I nod and he continues. "I mean she is nice and pretty and smart... well except in maths," I want to punch him for saying that about my girl. "and she has a good personality."

"Do you have a crush on her?" I know I sound suspicious since Sam gives me a skeptical look but I don't care and he doesn't push it. 

"No. I used to back at the beginning of the year but not since then. Why do you wanna know?" He asks.

"Just wondering." He raises his eyebrows at me as if he knows I'm lying. "I always see you looking at her whenever she is around us." I add on so I don't sound suspicious.

"Oh. I only look over at them to see if Indi is there." What the fuck. Why the hell would he do that to Parker. He sees the expression on my face and starts panicking. " No! Not in that way. It's to see if she is looking at Parker because he doesn't reckon that she likes him, which is a stupid thing to think cause she is very obvious about it." 

"Thank god. Man, you scared the shit out of me. So just to be clear, you don't like Maya?" I ask.

"I don't like her. I like her as a person but not in that way." he says. I start smirking which leads him suspicious but he doesn't say anything.

We keep playing footy until the bell rings for class. Maya's class has maths first up so whenever they have maths Finn, Sam, Parker and I all stay back so Finn can see Bella and Parker can see Indi. 

When they turn the corner I see Maya and I freeze. Like, no joke, me. Kruz Dittmann. I never freeze when I see a girl and obviously Sam saw that and raises his eyebrows. It's then that he processes what just happened and goes wide eyed. 

He tries to say something but I glare at him making him shut his mouth. 

"Me and Sam are going now. Catch you guys later." I say to Parker and Finn.

Me and Sam start walking towards our classroom.

"So that's why you asked me if I like Maya." He says. 

"Well... not exactly but I can't say." I reply.

"But you do like her, right?" 

"Yeah. Like a lot." He smirks at me and I start smiling. He slaps me on the shoulder giving me a proud Father look. 

"Just so you know, I am rooting for you two." He says.

"So am I Sammy."