Chapter Twenty Two

Warning - Agastya and Pranitha's kissing scene down. (No rude comments please)

Agastya's POV---

The sudden sound of phone falling on ground pulled my attention away from the laptop screen on my lap to Pranitha who looked like she has seen a ghost, I tried to read her expression to figure out the cause behind the sudden distress on her face but only found her brown beautiful eyes full with panick and her lips trembling as if she is about to break down at any moment.

And at time like this I hate being a crippled man, Only if My legs would have been intact and would have been working fine I wouldn't have taken as much time as I did in reaching her side, I placed my palm over her shoulder and she flinched away, It hurted like hell, It hurted so bad seeing the woman who used to once lean on my touch for comfort jumping by my touch but again there is no one else to blame but me, and being a stubborn man I am I once again reached out to her but this time instead of touching her shoulder my thumbs rubbed away the pearl dropping down from her eyes before they could touch the ground.

"Pari" It's been ages since I have spoken this softly to anyone, the last time I remember myself speaking this softly was when I was in my foolish illusion of loving the wrong sister but this soft side of me has completely disappeared when I got to know the truth, It's not the correct time to dwell on past right so I focussed back on the woman I loved and still love "Pari, What's wrong?" I asked softly and saw tears after tears falling down from her eyes only to be rubbed away by me, seeing her sad and in tears hurts like a bitch but again I was also the reason of her getting hurt in past.

"A..Ar..Arjun" She whispered her eyes were wide like she has discovered or heard something she never expected "It was Arjun, I .. heard him telling me I am not there, I ...." and she rambled but nothing entered my head after those two sentence, 'It was Arjun' my heart stilled for a moment and now beated in my chest in a dead beat, I couldn't even feel it beating inside, call me mean and selfish but there is only one man I am scared of at this moment and that is him, The only man who is capable of taking my everything away from me, call me foolish but If Pranitha's happiness lies in it I will happily give up my chances with her, but again the man is dead how could a dead person call her, there might be a mistake, it must be a mistake or some kind of miscommunication, he couldn't be alive or could he?

"Pari, Arjun is not with us anymore, How it could be Arjun" I held her hand in mine and I am painfully aware of the fact that if it would have been any other time rather than this present moment she would have snatched her hand away and also might have reminded me of the big thick wall between us but not now, She is in too much shock to do so.

"No Agastya, It was Arjun My Arjun" it stung worse than a bee bite when she said 'My Arjun' but again I am the one to be blamed for the spilled buttermilk no one else, it's me the foolish Agastya who has served his position and spot in life of the woman he loves most on golden plate to another man but again it's not the time of being jealous as Pranitha needs me more than my subconscious.

"There must be some kind of mistake Pari" I cupped her cheek in my palm and look deep into her teary panick filled eyes "Arjun isn't with us anymore".

"You are not getting it Agastya" she shouted pushing my hand away from her "Why aren't you believing me I am telling truth It was Arjun He was saying... " Her voice broke and she broke down into sobs right at front of my eyes " ... He was saying BUNNY, YOU AREN'T HERE BUNNY, I have heard it loud and clear before the call was disconnected" she yelled, her eyes manically darted on floor before they stopped on the mobile laying flat on floor, she hurriedly left her spot on sofa and picked it before opening her phone and dialling the number back.