1.0|| Kick off

𓆩𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩♡𓆪The beginning

𓆩𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩𓆪
The beginning

═══ ═══

Y/p
Song:  that's no fun- Steve lacy
(Songs are optional)
(Narrative chapter)
═══ ═══

Korea, a home to many but not mine.

Since I was little, it may have been the only home I've known, but it wasn't a very good one.

And I don't mean the country itself; I mean the house I was sheltered at and the people there. Trust me, I love my brothers, blood related or not, but for my parents, I can't say the same.

My arms wrapped around my best friend tightly, and as much as we didn't want to admit it, this was ultimately goodbye, the end, etc.

I was sent abroad for hospitalization in America—New York City, to be exact—and there I met Areum, who quickly became my only friend.

She was being hospitalized for her monoplegia, which is a type of paralysis that affects one limb. In her case, it's her leg, which suffered after a stroke.

While I was there for my heart disease, being in different departments, the only and main reason we connected was because we could both speak well Korean, and over time we learned more about each other.

"Fuck, I'm gonna miss you, y/n/n." Areum said dramatically, then pulled away a stern expression on her face as she pointed her index finger at me.

"You're going to call me every day and tell me about all those hot Korean men you're going to meet and live my k-drama fantasy," she hissed before giving me a toothy grin.

"Girl, please, what are the chances that I'm going to find some rich CEO with trauma out in the streets?" I scoffed, pulling her away while rolling my eyes and giving her a little smile too.

Areum shrugged her shoulders before getting my suitcase out of the trunk. "Unlikly, but if you do send the second male, lead my way," she said, wiggling her brows.

"Seriously, though, I'm going to miss you, Ari," I said, genuinely tilting my head and looking at her straight in the eyes before grabbing my suitcase from her hands and slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"I know, but it's just until you graduate and I get better. We'll meet up again someday. Now come on, we don't want you to miss your flight."

"Or maybe you do," Areum said teasingly as she shoved me through the doors.