4.0||the sound of silence

𓆩𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩𓆪

"A pin could drop yet the heart of mine you hold would always be louder in the silence"

═══ ═══

Y/p
Song: on the square- Mac Demarco
(Songs are optional)
(Narrative chapter)

═══ ═══

The human body's heart is a powerful thing. It's also a fragile one; if you were to be overly stressed, that could result in a heart attack; if you stopped eating, the heart couldn't pump blood; and if you lost sleep, you might suffer from heart failure.

It's fragile and hard to take care of. I mean, did you know that it's possible to die from a heartbreak? That's how vital your heart and emotions are.

I don't think my fragile heart would survive if I were to ever experience heartbreak, and that may be because I'd never fallen in love to be heartbroken, but I'm sure I'd die.

And that's the scary part: love hurts. Love is pain in a bottle, and you get to choose if you want to be addicted to pain or die from the blows that love inflicts on you.

The human brain controls you, but the heart reflects what's broken, and when a hit is taken, your heart will crack and the brain that controls you will disconnect.

Soon you'll be a walking void with no purpose or matter because the strongest love a person has is love for themselves, and if you don't have that, then you'll forever reflect it on others.

A observer
A follower
Not a leader
Not a doer

That is who I am.
a person who takes no risk—at least not anymore.

A nonexistent void in the background of a world full of chaos, and that's all I'll ever be if I continue to follow.

.
.
.
.

My legs dangled over the edge of the hospital bed. I had missed the afternoon portion of classes to get a scheduled hospital checkup via my mother, who wanted to moderate my condition after my heart surgery last year.

Even if I was getting checked by American doctors abroad and I was in a therapy program, I still needed to be checked once I got back.

The doctor walked in, sitting in his roily chair, and rolled over in my direction. He has multiple papers in his hands.