11.0|| Spring flowers

𓆩𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩𓆪 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆩𓆪

"Some children are simply born with tragedy"

═══ ═══
Y/p
Song: Ryd- Steve lacy
(Songs are optional)
(Narrative chapter)
═══ ═══

(A year ago)

The day that the fall leaves fell, the spring flowers grew to smell like pollen, and the April rain poured was the same day that I had moved to America.

It was the same day that I got to travel on my first plane, and it was the same day that my life changed.

My nails picked at the cloth of my sweater as my eyes traced each feature of the door in front of me, and with a strangled knock, my fist hit the door.

And when the old white Woden door screeched against the porch floor, the bony pale hands of an elder woman who had opened the door with the wrinkles etched on her face smiled delightfully.

"You must be y/n," she said. Her voice was raspy, displaying her age and her life story with every syllable and vowel.

"That I am; it's nice to finally meet you, Mrs. Adeline," I said with an equally polite smile. Her eyes scrunched shut, looking at me for a few moments like she was analyzing every part of me before she spoke.

"Likewise, why don't you come in?" she said, the smile that she was finally wearing off as I got lead into the small suburban home.

The floorboards creaked under my feet, sinking under the weight of my body, along with the suitcase that I dragged around with me as Mrs. Adeline guided me into a hallway, stopping at an empty corridor with stairs.

"My home was built like a multi-family home, so the downstairs and upstairs are like two different apartments," she said, guiding her long, boney legs up the stairs.

"That being said, since me and my husband live alone, the upstairs area would be reserved for you. It has two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a kitchen, so you'll be fine; however, if you live here, you must join us for dinner," she added with a brisk cough.

I smiled a little at the thought of having somewhat of a normal family tradition by simply eating dinner together every night. "It'll be no problem; I'd love to eat dinner with you all," I replied plainly before pursing my lips slightly.

"Also, I won't be around much with work and other things, so you'll be alone most of the time other than Saturdays when Steven is home," she said, tilting her head as if waiting for an immediate answer from me.

Mr. Steven was Adeline's husband; he also didn't speak Korean, so communicating with him would be more difficult than I anticipated, seeing as we'd practically revolve around two different circles.

"I see that won't be a problem," I answered to her questioning gaze, my fingers still picking at the clothes on my legs with a thin-lipped smile.

"Any more questions?" She asked, placing her wrinkly hands at her side while she stared directly at me with a strong gaze, which almost made me sink to the floor from how strong it was.

"Umm, yes, actually, Mrs. Adeline-"

"I met your mother when she was a student in my English class. Oh, how much trouble she caused," Adeline answered, interrupting my train of thought like she could intercept it and know exactly what I was thinking.