💚Xmas prompt : Under Mistloetoe with Kinji and Kanade

Prompt: Under mistletoe with crush

Kinji Uehara:

Kinji wasn't a huge fan of parties, especially ones on Christmas or Christmas Eve, when every child at the orphanage was hyper and restless. However, he knew the holiday was about celebrating and spending time with those most dear to him, and his classmates even set the party early to give him time to check on the kids later tonight.

He made idle chatter with his classmates, who welcomed him with open arms. Kinji mostly talked with you, Kanata, and Kakeru, but the four of you had challenged yourselves to try to be a bit more social.

As Rei asked him to leave her alone, he complied, wishing her a happy holiday, to which she hesitantly murmured it back. She may have been pushing him away, but Rei was slowly warming up to everyone. Kinji wished he could say the same about Utsuro, who stubbornly declined Yamato's offers of hot cocoa, and brushed you off every time you tried to make conversation.

Giving up, you grabbed a cup of hot cocoa that Akane had made, and as you noticed Kinji across the room, you grabbed one for him, too.

Kinji didn't dress up for the holidays outside of wearing a hat or a sweater for the orphanage children. You on the other hand practically glowed from the Christmas tree lights on your sweater, and he was able to spot you almost immediately.

He accepted the cup with a grateful nod,

"Thank you, Y/n. Your thoughtfulness is admirable."

"It's no problem! I needed to grab one before Yamato added too many marshmallows to them all, anyway."

"I believe Mikako is already trying to prevent this...issue." He sighed, and sure enough, you could hear Mikako giving her brother an earful.

"How has your night been?"

"Uneventful, yet enjoyable nonetheless." He replied, before getting cut off by Satsuki's impatient voice.

"Hey! Can Kinji-kun and Y/n-chan hurry up!? It's almost Satsuki and Kobazing's turn!"

Her voice drew everyone's attention, and you didn't even notice what she meant before Kanata pointed above you, with Kakeru looking too red on your behalf to even move.

The moment you spotted the mistletoe, you weren't much redder than he was. Kinji seemed puzzled at your flustered state, and gazed back up at the plant in oblivion.

"I believe this is some kind of tradition... forgive me, but I'm not sure I recall-"

"...We have to kiss." You blurted out.

He was quiet for a few moments, and if you weren't so embarrassed yourself, you might've noticed the pink blush on his cheeks.

"Would you... be alright with that?"

"..."

Oh god, he was going to make you admit it. Damn his consideration for what you want!!

You slowly nodded, before feeling the warm peck of his lips against your cheek.

Kinji was a bit confused as to why Satsuki was booing, and why his classmates looked a bit disappointed. The two of you weren't a couple, and even if he did favor your company above all else, he couldn't force you to kiss him over a tradition.

As he began to move away, he felt a light tug on his sleeve.

"...? Apologies, Y/n, if the kiss made you-"

"Can you do it again? Um, can we? I mean... on the lips this time?" You stammered. Even Utsuro and Rei were probably watching this spectacle. Mitch and Teruya tried to start a chant, but Mikako shushed them.

Kinji was silent, before he... smiled, and even seemed to chuckle a bit. For a moment, you thought he was laughing at you, but then he cupped your cheek and your lips connected.

Clutching the hot cocoa with one hand and holding him with the other, you wondered how the night could possibly get any better.

Kanade Otonokoji:

Kanade giggled as you exchanged gifts with Teruya. Her excitement for what was to come overriding her raging jealousy.

She had been planning this all night, and was meticulous in choosing who you were talking to, and where you were, because if you ended up under a mistletoe with someone else, this party might just go down in flames.

Putting on her shy act, she fiddled with the threads of the ugly sweater Hibiki had made her wear, waiting for the caring Teruya to urge you to check on her.

But as she expected, the oaf was too busy talking about rainbows and products to notice. There was only one person in this class that would be a willing matchmaker for the two of you, and she just so happened to loathe her.

But for you, sacrifices had to be made. This was just one of those times the sacrifice was figurative.

"Hey, N/n!" Setsuka called out to you. You happily greeted her, noticing her troubled but slightly mischievous look.

"What's wrong? Did Nikei burn the cookies again?"

"Haha, no! Not yet. Why don't you go check on Kanade over there?" She grinned, nudging you to the girl. Kanade had a similar expression as Setsuka, and you couldn't help but feel worried.

Was Kanade alright? Did Hibiki say something mean? The sweater wasn't that ugly! At least not on her

"Hey, Kanade, are you alright? You've been standing here for the whole party." You noted, the only times she moved from the spot was to disappear to the other side of the room every time someone else got near her.

"W-Well...Fufufu... I felt a bit lonely, but with you here, I already feel much better!"

You smiled at her, causing butterflies in her stomach, "Well, I'm glad I can help! Should we-"

"Y/n, um.." She shyly pointed upwards, hiding her growing smile. The look of realization on your face was so adorable! She just wanted to kiss you and never stop!!

"Kanade, would it be okay if I...?"

She didn't have it in her to fake hesitation. After months of pining, she was going to kiss you, and thus start her master plan of getting you to fall for her.

But seeing that look in your eyes as you kissed back, she knew she wouldn't have to do anything. The feeling was mutual, and all this time, you had wanted her just as much as she wanted you. Almost as much at least, and now she finally had you, the class awing as you continued to kiss.

And she was determined to make it the best kiss you'd ever receive.