𝟬𝟱. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗢𝗳 𝗕𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗘𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵

~ October 2018, Isabel's POV ~

" Am I out of my head? Am I out of my mind?" I deliberately question him, gazing right into his eyes. Of course, it wasn't me, but my melodramatic, musical mind reenacting lyrics from my spotify playlist.

Majorly illused and compelled by the rhythm, I blocked out all cognitive thinking and lacked to expect smart ass remarks from Harry. Damn, how dumb could I be? This is no way to act around your crush. So much for stable, fever dream impression. Now he'll just think I'm an idiot. Am I really out of my head? Am I out of my mind?

" Yeah, you sorta are, if I'm being honest. " Harry teased, as he continued to dribble the basketball around the sturdy, marble floor. " At least you realized it."

Damn, how has he not shattered a vase or portrait by now? Should he really be dribbling a basketball in a living room? Well, at least it's not the kitchen, flurried with multiple pots and pans that surround.

Desperate of a comeback, I decide to go along with 'the show'. It's too late to turn back now and steer towards stable sanity. " Where's my mind? " I ask him in a befuddled state, as I search around the sofa for my so called mind.

" Why don't you use your mind to solve that? " He responds in a preschool teacher tone of voice. " Oh shit, you can't. Right? "

"Maybe its in the gutter, where I left my lover. " I suggest. Ofcourse, I'm not being serious whatsoever.

"Now why would you leave your lover in the gutter?" He inquires, except this time, he's absent mindedly believes that I might've left a former boyfriend in the trash. Opposed to belittle in such a weary thought, he stops dribbling and looks me straight in the eye. Harry proceeds to then whisper softly to me " Did you kill somebody? "

Perhaps I've gone too far with such a atrocious lyrics prank, but I further believe I can go much farther than that. Even you'd best believe I'm still bejeweled as a mastermind. "If I love you was a promise, would you break it, if you're honest? "

"What the fuck?" he says, puzzled, lacking any clue of what's even going on anymore. Who can blame him? I probably wouldn't either, if I were in his place.

"I love you and I don't want to " I melodramatically confess, as I prepare myself for the grand finale. I fall flat to the ground and embark in a chant-like holler. " ISN'T IT LOVELY ALL ALONE, HEART MADE OF GLASS, MY MIND OF STONEEE "

He looked at me strangely, barely recognizing me at all. Shit, I've gone too far. " Where is your mind? It really must be made out of stone at this point. "

~ Harry's POV ~

" Okay, so I know this is really random to even ask, but do you by any chance know what songs talks about leaving a lover in the gutter or what the hell 'heart made of glass, mind made of stone' means? "I blurted out in an unhinged manner to my cousin, Ashley Summers. 

At first, she started at me, completely startled by the fact that I managed to spur so much fluky wording within a few seconds. Another few seconds passed by until Ash was coherent enough to process what I had just said. "Are you referring to Billie Eilish? "

" What is that? I've never heard of what a Billie Eilish even is. " I inquired, branching out a tint of confusion upon my facial expression.

" Not a what, more like a who and Billie Eilish as in the singer! " Ash lowly chuckled over the humiliation I just endured for myself. "Damn, are you living under a rock, dude? Billie is all the hype right now, everyone is obsessed with her and her music. "