Chapter 1

chapter one:

hey guys thanks soo much for reading this!

please vote, comment, or ask questions

thank you!! enjoy!!

**Be sure to check out my new romance

Her Best Man thanks :)

The overcast of fog and rain today was enough to make any fool stay inside. I knew my life would never be the same as I watched rain droplets crawl down the car window, disappearig when they reached the bottom. "Want me to turn the heat on?" my dad driving asked after what seemed like hours of silence. "Um I'm fine." managed to escape my chapped lips. I could see Fred (my dad's name) looking at me with concern as I kept a steady fix out the window and to the passing miles of evergreen forests and small fisherman towns. There were a lot of things on my mand and right now was the fact that my mother had just passed away due to a car accident that ended her life immediately. I never imagined this would ever happen, but it had and now I was moving from southern California to northern Maine with my dad i had never managed to bond with. I felt a tear swelling up and quickly recovered. I promised myself I wouldn't break down until I got home. About an hour later we drove up the mile long driveway up to the log cabin. It was cozy but in the middle of nowhere.

That fact haunted my mind. We got out and brought my bags up to my room on the second floor. "Here we are." Fred opened the door and a small room appeared, with a bed, nightstand, dresser, and closet. The walls were a deep purple and the dresser and desk were both mahogany. I dropped the bags off on my bed and went to my window that had matching purple curtains. Atleast my dad made an effort to design my room. I actually didn't mind it. I looked out at the miles of wet forest and sighed. No more heat and sun. This I would miss most about California. "Thanks dad for putting the stuff in my room." I said as he stood in the doorway. "No problem, just holler if you need anything." he said and left. I layed on my bed, hoping to get some sleep, when I noticed something on the dresser. I got up and walked over to it. I gasped. It was a picture of my mom, dad and me when I was a baby. I picked up the picture and held it close to me, as I started crying. I must have cried myself to sleep because I woke up and it was morning, the picture was resting on my stomach, and the aroma of eggs filled my nose. I washed up and went downstairs to get breakfast. "Ready for your first day if school?" my dad asked trying to be enthusiastic.

I showed no signs of optimism. "Sure." I said flatly and he just let out a laugh. I'm glad he found that funny. Annoyed, I grabbed my eggs and went upstairs to get ready. I ate and changed into a gray knit sweater and dark washed jeans. I brushed through my dark brown hair that curled at the ends and called it good. I was not looking forward to school.

there!! I know it's short but I want the Next chapter to be about her first day

hope u liked it!! vote..comment..<3 u!!