Chapter III

Chapter 3: butterflies

Some days have gone in the Walter house, and still chaotic at the dinner table. I've talked to more people, like Charlie. He was in my Math class and super sweet. But not dating sweet more of an best friend sweet.

"This food looks delicious Kathrine" i smile at her and grab some on my plate.
"Thank you, i spent time on it" she makes her eyes wide and smile.

Lee and Isaac was having a stupid argument like always. "Bro you are wicked" Lee looks at Isaac annoyed. "You are just terrible, and i always win"

"Me and Jackie looks confused at them both. "Isaac exclaims that he is the best at staring contests" George says and sighs. "Because i am, i beat everyone" Isaac says confidently.

"I bet you can't beat me" i say and smile evil.
Everybody focus' on us "Go Naomi" Nathan says and gives me a light shoulder thrust.

"I bet i can" he says and i lean my albows on the table. We lock eyes and keep staring. I feel weird. I shouldn't feel this way. It's almost like i liked looking in Isaacs eyes. Okay what am i saying. We both stare looking into eachothers eyes.

Lee snaps his fingers in front of Isaacs eyes as he blinks. "Dude that's not fair" he says annoyingly hitting on Lees shoulder. Everybody starts hyping me up "Naomi" Danny says suprising.

"Shut up guys" Isaac groans. "Aw are you sad that you lost playboy" Lee says up in his face.

"You cheated" he says annoyingly and continues eating his food. Awkward.

"Anyways i'm done eating" Isaac stands up, grabs his plate and places it on the counter. "Come on we just began eating" George says with a unimpressed look on his face.

"Not hungry" he says walking upstairs. "Someones mad that he lost" i whisper to Nathan as he agrees.

*

"Jackie are you going to the bonfire tonight?" I ask her not knowing if i should. Shes folding her clothes and putting them inside her closet.

"I think so yeah" she says continuing what shes doing. She doesn't seem too happy. Almost a tear in her eye.

"What wrong?" I ask sitting down on her bed. She sits next to me. "I just. You are way... forget it" she looks away for a moment.

"Tell me" i insist and she looks at me. "You're way cooler, funnier, everybody likes you. I could never have that" she looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"Just be yourself" i smile and hug her, and she hugs me back. "Its just when i try, it goes wrong" Jackie looks down at her feet.
"Forget it"

"Jackie, just be the nice kid you always were, remember when Mom and dad got mad at me because you were the smartest, and the most respectable" i look at her and then down at the bed.

"I don't.. remember that" she then says looking at me again. "We are all jealous of eachother" i say smiling at her as she still looks confused.

The door opens a bit. "Why are you crying Jackie?" We spot Isaac through the door as he was about to continue walking.

"None of your buisness Isaac" i scoff and turn my head away from the door. Such an idiot. "Geez chill, are you guys coming to the bonfire tormorrow" he ask standing in the door.

"Yeah" Jackie answers. Should i go, honestly i have never been to a bonfire before. "Yeah, fine" i say and nod slowly "now get out" i tell him as he puts his hands in the air and slowly backs out.

"I thought you didn't know if you wanted to go to the bonfire?" Jackie looks at me confused and pat me gently.

"I changed my mind" i say confidently and stand up from the bed. "Yeah because Isaacs coming?" She smirks and i look at her with my brows in the air. "How dare you!, he is a living imbecile" i yell and then quickly cover my mouth since i know i yelled to loud.