Chapter IX

Chapter 9: The fall

I walk downstairs to see the house empty, what was going on. Isaac comes downstairs shirtless and i clear my throat looking away slighty. "Where are the others?" I ask as i lean on the table looking the other way.

"Why, does that bother you?" He asks getting closer to me touching my lip with his finger slighty. "What?" I ask stuttering a bit swallowing a lump.

"I said, does that bother you?" He asks holding on my chin stroking it gently. "Um i guess not" i say and he looks deeply into my eyes.

"Why did you break up with me" he says slighty and looks a little beside me face. "I don't know" i say looking nervously at him.
"Why?" He says insisting.

He leans closer to my face.

"Omg" i whisper as i get up in a seating position in my bed. Did i just have a dream about Isaac?!

"Oh my god" i whisper furrowing my brows and i hear Jackie say something from her side. "What is it" she says mumbling tiredly. "Nothing" i say worried.

No this can't be. I was over him. Totally over him. I get out of bed and open the door to go downstairs. "Fuck" i whisper as i grab a glass-cup from the cabinet.

I drink all the water in once and lean exhausted on the kitchen table. It is midnight dark outside. I check the time. It is 4 AM.

Out of every dream, i remember that! I sigh and walk up the stairs with small steps.

I lay in bed looking straight into the wall. I close my eyes but i don't seem to be tired at all. At 4 AM. Really?

the next day

I come downstairs rubbing my eyes, luckily everyone is hurrying around and doing random stuff. I didn't get any sleep. Or maybe a little bit.

"Goodmorning Naomi, sleep good?" Kathrine asks me walking around in the house. "Fine" i say yawning and grabbing breakfast exhausted. I look around and spot Isaac arguing with Lee. My eyes widen and i quickly look away.

"Ready for school, you look pretty tired" Danny asks me and i look at him tired. "I'm alright" I say putting a smile on my face to let him know i'm okay.

"Alright Naomi" he says as its like he knows i'm lying. I nod watching him leaving. I get ready quickly and hurry downstairs to the front door. The car is waiting outside and everyone is approaching it one by one.

"Ladies first" Isaac says and sighs. I hurry outside, i just couldn't look at him again. We get in the car and i sit beside Lee.

"Are you alright?" He looks at me confused and leans back in his seat. Maybe because i look hella worried all the way to school.

"Me? I'm all good" i say acting a smile on my lip. "Are you okay?" I ask not making it super awkward.

"I'm good" he says looking at me for a second then turning his head forward the road.

*

"Are you alright?" Charlie asks me as we walk in the hall. Litterally the third person asking me. Including Danny and Lee. What was up with people! Did i really look that exhausted.

"I'm fine" i say continuing looking forward. "Mkay" he says and we continue walking. "Ready for the math test?"

Shoot! Math test, on the worst day. Are you kidding me? "Math test?" I say looking at him almost more worried than what i was before. My head is hurting twice as much now.

"Yeah" he says as we walk in math and i just stand there for a moment. "I don't think i'm well" i mumble and bang, that was the last thing i could remember before i wen't straight to the ground. Embarrasing right?

*

I wake up in a white room when i spot Jackie sitting there. She looks up and spots me. "Shes awake" She yells out in the hall and i look confused at her.

"What happened" i say as i furrow my brows getting up slowly.

"Stay down" Jackie holds a hand on my arm and Kathrine, Charlie and Kacie get into the room. "Naomi you're awake" Kathrine says nervously and hold on my arm.

"Gosh we were so worried" Kacie says worried and comes closer to me. "Yeah you fell straight in math class" charlie says with a sad look on his face then a bit of a chuckle.

"Oh god" i smile in embarrasment and lay flat on my back. He grins.
"But the most important is that you're alive" Kathrine says and smiles at me.

"What happened, why were you like this" Jackie says with a worried look on her face. And i smile at her.

"Honestly, i don't know, things got a little out of hand i guess" i say and clear my throat when Isaac comes to mind.

*

I had been in the hospital for a day. To cool off if you know what i mean. I was apparently stressed. And the worst part. It was Haley and Wills wedding today.

They got back together and figured they wanted to have the marriage they never got to experience.

At least i wasn't exhausted anymore. I get into the house to see all the boys turning their heads at me. Including Isaac "Pleasent suprise" i say awkwardly and begin to walk upstairs. "Hope you're okay Naomi" Nathan yells after me and i smile.

I place my things on the floor and sit down on my bed at sighs.
"Hey Naomi, i know you just got out of the hospital but can you please help. Pleaseeee" she says with her hands meeting bending a little in her knees.

"Alright, alright" i say and chuckle standing up from the bed. "Just walk out to Kathrine" she says and smiles at me walking out of the room and i say as she tells me too.

Jackie was always good at being a party director. No wonder she got the role. But ofcourse i wasn't mad. I was so happy for her.

"You're working?" Kathrine asks me as i walk up to her. "Yeah Jackie asked me to help" i say and smile at her.

"Alright i'm not giving you a too hard job" she winks at me and holds on my arm for a short second and i chuckle.

"Place the napkins on the plates" she smiles at me and she gives me a pile of purple napkins. "Thank you" i say and walk forward placing them on the plates.

"Great" she says continuing doing her stuff.

*

I walk away from the tent knowing i have nothing more to do. Feels nice. I spot Lee walking towards the tent. "Hey Naomi are you okay after yesterday, i heard what happened" he asks walking by.

"I'm honestly great" i say and nod at him. "Oh yeah" he says and we lean our backs on the side of the barn.

"What were you doing back here?" I ask him looking confused.

"I actually just wanted to see what the tent looked like" he chuckles and i grin at his response.

I notice hes looking at me straight in the eyes. And i catch his eyes. He leans closer and i do the same. Reflex.

But he clears his throat. "We probably shouldn't" he then says quietly and continues staring forward. "You're right" i say and itch the back of my head.

"Go get Isaac, you still like him" Lee then says and i look at him. "Nah, it's too late" i say and sigh.

So i'm about to kiss Lee and now i have thoughts of Isaac at the same time. This world is fucked up.

"It's not" he says and nods slowly looking back at me. "He doesn't like me anymore" i look down at the ground.

"He will" Lee smiles with a slight smirk on his lip. "Thank you Lee" I say and i give in to hug him.

Hes warm and this is probably also better than that kiss. "You're welcome Naomi" he says and we loose grip.

_____________

I took a short break i'm sorry for that!
I hope you like this chapter❤️
Thank you for all the views omggg!!