Chapter V

Chapter 5: thanksgiving

"Wake up Jackie" i shake Jackie as shes trying to let go of me. "Five minutes" shes says groaning lifting her quilt over her. I grab her quilt removing it. "It's thanksgiving" i smile at her and she opens her eyes sitting up in a sitting position.

"Why are you so happy" she says looking at me confused. "No reason" i say giving her a hand. "I want to sleep, i've got work to do" she says yawning putting her slippers on.

I kind of felt like her little annoying sister at that point. "What work?" I ask desperately.
"School stuff" she says smiling.

"Anyways i'm going down suit yourself" i say opening the door and walking out of it. Lee comes out of the room yawning and rubbing his eyes. "Goodmorning Lee" i smile at him and he smiles back "morning Naomi"

Down the stairs i go. "Morning Kathrine" i say as i sit down at their kitchen bar. Isaac is eating his cereal reading the newspaper. "Since when do you read newspapers" i look at him confused.

"Since today" he glances at me tired. "Suit yourself" i say grabbing the box of cereal and a bowl. I was going to have no problems thanksgiving. Just wanna have fun.

*
Everyone in the house had stuff to do, Danny was making food in the kitchen. I wanted to make something but weird not having Jackie to do it with me. Sigh. Whatever, it was just a dish.

"What are you making" i ask Danny that is making something very secret i could tell. "Its a secret" he smiles and covers his food. "Alright then" i smile.

Isaac was also making food. Spectacular, never realized that. "You're making food?" I ask as he looks at me. "I'm actually a great cook, if you don't mind" he sighs getting the ingredients on the table.

"I doubt that" i chuckle and he looks at me offended, i grab the tomatosauce up and read. "Don't touch my ingredients" he says grabbing my hip from the back and moving me away. "Go make your own" he scoffs

"I don't wan't too alone and Jackie abandoned me" i sigh and look at his ingredients. "Sucks for you i guess" he says.

What an idiot. I forgave him and this is what he comes with. I walk out of his area before he decides to speak "what were you gonna make" he asks looking at me a brief moment.

"Um. I was going to make this dish called albondigas" he looks at me confused "you trying to steal my idea" he says shaking his head gently.

"You're making albondigas?" I ask him placing my hands on the counter. "Lee wanted me to and since i'm such a-"

"Great cook, i get it" i say rolling my eyes as he rests his eyebrows. I stare at the counter for a second. Pondering.

"It was Lucys favourite" i say quietly and he looks at me. Just standing there for a moment. "Your sister?" He asks "yeah" i deliver and it turns silent for a moment "Well i suppose i could use a extra couple of hands" he looks at me at smiles. I'm not sure i have seen him smile at me from what i know.

"Really" my face lit up and i roll my sleeves up. "Wash your hands" he says neutral and gets a pot.

"Who do you think i am" i say confidently.

*

"I never thought you would be in handy" he says leaning his hands on both counters
"Please i'm an expert" i say proudly as i roll the meat.