Chapter 107 - Variety Show (9)

Authors Note:

This is (2/2) extra chapter bought by Nicolae. Thank you so much to them.

She didn't mean to set off a dark cannon who wanted to destroy another company just because he was feeling annoyed; she just wanted to be free of her contract!

Kaiser calmly continued as if he were discussing the weather, "Starting with your case, I'm going to use this opportunity to drive Black Rocks' reputation into the ground, allowing the public to begin ripping them apart. The entertainment industry is pretty dirty, and they're some of the worst people in it. We have a stock of less optimal contracts from other artists, as well as evidence of illegal backroom deals, so I'll have those cases reopened and begin draining their funds in petty lawsuits. I'm sure others will tag in once yours is won, even if it's just to collect a settlement fee. Once their legal team is busy, I'll slam them with the main case we've been building and really make them work to defend their brand.

The worst case for them is that they drag it out since my goal is not to win the case but to force them to settle once their finances begin looking bad and their brand value is worse than dirt. I can offset any losses happening with Platinum Entertainment with our other businesses, but Black Rock is a publicly traded company with hungry investors looking for a big return.

By the time I'm done with them, a good amount of investors will be looking to sell their stock quickly, which I will buy up for a low cost until I have a sizeable amount to influence their executive board with my own people; we'll poach more of their artists, and, more importantly, they'll have to sell those I assets I want at a next-to-nothing cost to recoup some cash, which is my main target in the first place. Everything else is just a bonus. They should have just sold me what I wanted in the first place. Then they could have had a few years of peace."

As Kaiser shrugged while smiling happily as he detailed his plan, Valentina could only stare at him blankly. Even if she studied for 10000 years, she didn't think she could teach her brain to move in the twisted way Kaiser's did. How did a simple idea to break her contract turn into this convoluted plot to tank another company's stock while ruining their reputation so he could buy some assets and plant his people on their executive board?

"Afraid yet? Are you upset with me for not being sincere and using you to further my company's purpose? Want to run away?" Kaiser gave her a dark smile as he gently grabbed her chin and tilted her face to look at him while he observed her reaction carefully.

If she were afraid, he would pass it off as a joke, change the subject, and not share anything like that with her again. But he wanted her to be okay with it; he wanted to be able to share things like this with her; after all, this was a part of his life, what he did on a daily basis and would be doing for the foreseeable future. He had promised

"Oh, please. Our first interaction was with you trying to buy me. I fully expect this type of thing from you, and as long as you use this devious brain of yours to screw others over and not me, I don't really care." Valentina smacked his hand away while rolling her eyes. "I'm just wondering why I need to be in a fake relationship for my portion of your grand scheme or great master villain. And what does Aaliyah have to do with this? As far as I know, she's not an executive at Black Rock and not involved in the day-to-day business."

Seeing her calm reaction and hiding his relieved sigh, Kaiser calmly answered her.

"I assure you I've learned and changed my ways. Promise." Kaiser held his hands to his heart while laughing softly.