Chapter 128 - Variety Show (29)

"You know? I actually don't know much about you personally, just that you're this big boss who is generally nice until you get scary and call people people viciously. Since I'll be gone for a while, do you mind if I ask you some personal questions?" Valentina asked while arranging her plate the way she wanted it.

As she took a big bite of pasta, she looked at him expectantly.

"That pretty much sums it up, but ask away. I'll answer almost anything." Kaiser responded as he elegantly ate the pasta. "This is delicious, by the way. Good job."

"Thank you. You helped as well. Uhm, let's start. I've met your brother and your...cousin Jonathan. Any other family members?"

"Well, both my parents are alive and healthy, and I have lots of extended family. In my immediate family, apart from Roman and I...I also have an elder sister who you haven't met before."

"What? I thought you were the eldest." Valentina looked at him in shock, completely missing his hesitant expression. From the way he acted, he seemed as if he had been bossing people around since birth.

"Nope. My sister and I are almost five years apart, and Roman and I are a bit over a year apart. I'm the middle child. You couldn't tell?"

"Uhhh no, not at all. I don't really follow the business world or news about you or your family, but I don't think I've heard of your sister."

"You wouldn't. She left the country and renounced her position as head of the family to live a...quieter life, which is why I'm the boss now. Otherwise, with my personality when I was younger, there's no way I would have been the first choice." Kaiser chuckled darkly at the thought of his colorful youth that had given his parents premature gray hairs.

"You were a bad kid? I guess Alexandria did say you were rebellious."

"I was completely horrendous. Just an all-around truly bad child. I think my parents were honestly relieved when I told them I would go join the military. Finally, somebody else could try to control me. Though I went in for a different reason than they think."

Hearing his words, Valentina could only blink. This was completely unexpected news. She couldn't reconcile the image of the well-put-together man before her with a rebellious child. Her brain could simply not compute it.

"What, you don't believe me? You can ask Roman. He was a couple of years behind me in school, so he saw the carnage I left behind. Don't get me wrong, my grades were good. I graduated 2 years early, was at the top of my class, and did sports and all the extracurriculars, but I was constantly in trouble with teachers and other adults for playing around, skipping class, smoking, getting into fights, etc. I'm pretty sure I beat up most of the guys at my private school at some point. My parents had to donate so much money to keep me from being expelled that it's not even funny, haha."

As Kaiser laughed openly about it, Valentina took a sip of her drink before asking, "...can I ask why? I really didn't expect that from you."

"I was a rebellious little shit." He replied bluntly, "I don't have a personality that tolerates arrogance towards me or my people, and rich kids are mean. They used to pick on Roman cause he was smaller and weird and tried to mess with me because my sister was the heir, even though she was a girl. I've always been bigger than most kids, so each time they picked on him, messed with me, or talked shit about my sister, I happily sent the person to the hospital."

"Well, that's not so bad. You were defending your family."

"Nah. You've seen my personality and my bad mouth. I tend to speak my mind regardless of who I'm talking to, and maybe it's my face, but guys used to pick fights with me constantly and make snide comments, so I just beat them up. I also beat people up if they pissed me off. Beat them up if they talked to me arrogantly. Beat them up when they sent their elder siblings after me. Haha, I was a total tyrant in school. The teachers were so relieved when I graduated. They all cried tears of joy as I walked across the stage and each of them bought me a bouquet of flowers to celebrate and threw a party. Good times, really."