Chapter 2

Ritz woke up to find Veneer next to him, softly snooring. He laid a quick and soft kiss on his lips in an attempt to wake him up; it worked.

"Morning." Ritz said to him

Veneer glared at him. He didn't really enjoy being woken up from his sleep. He was especially angry because he was having a nice dream; He would never have to see his sisters face or suffer from her "psychological abuse" again. That and his pet fish sparkles came back to life.

"Why'd you wake me up, I was having a nice dream. Sparkles came back to life." He said that last bit with a smile and a gleam of hope on his face.

"Sorry, but your sisters being released from prison today, you excited?" Ritz replied with an apologetic look.

Veneer scoffed. "Excited? The moment I confessed to our crimes, she acted like she didn't even know me. She basically disowned me as her brother." Veneer frowned. "And to think I bothered to make her happy."

Sibling fight. They argue, say mean, hurtful things, but Velvet had taken it one step further. Ever wonder how sparkles died? While Veneer was sleeping, Velvet took sparkles out of his tank and dissected him for a "science project" when, in reality, she dissected him just to upset Veneer.

"Cheer up." Ritz kisses Veneer and smiles. "C'mon, let's go get your sister out of prison."

~

Ritz was in the passenger seat, and Veneer was driving. It was a long yet fun ride; they played 'I spy'.

"I spy with my little eye, something beginning with...V." Ritz smiled.

"Veneer?" Veneer guess.

"Nope, try again."

"Van?"

"Not even close."

"Violin?"

That reply made Ritz laugh. "Why would a violin be out here?"

"Well, I don't know.. probably because... because..."

"Because?" Ritz chuckled.

"I don't know. I give up." Veneer pouted.

"Velvet."

Veneer rolled his eyes, got out of the car, and greeted his sister.

"Vel.." Veneer looked at her, then hugged her tightly. "I missed you."

"...I missed you too, lil bro." Velvet hugged him back, and they stayed like that for a while.

~

Veneer had managed to drive them all back home safely. The moment Veneer opened the door, they were greeted by Gurt. As usual, Gurt jumped onto Veneer and bit him.

"Ow! Guuuuurt." He whined. "Now is not the time. Go bother Ritz."

"Wait, why me?"

"Because me and Velvet have some Brother-Sister bonding to do. Now Gurt, get off me!"

Once Veneer left the room, Ritz looked at Gurt.

"Veneer really is a different person around his sister, isn't he Gurt."

Gurt looked back at him and just...stared?

"Why am I even talking to you? You're a monkey. You can't talk and if you could then I should really consider visiting a doctor."

Gurt blinked, then walked away

"Rude much." Ritz rolled his eyes.

"Venner! Have you fed Gurt yet?!" Ritz called.

"Later!" He replied

Ritz sighed and went to go feed Gurt himself. He really didn't like how Velvets presence was changing Veneer.

~

It was now about 23:00(11pm) and Ritz was starting to get sleepy, so he headed over to Veneers room, where he saw Velvet and Veneer watching themselves on YouTube

"Have you guys seen the time? It's pretty late, aren't you tired?" Ritz asked

"Not really." Velvet replied.

Ritz looked at Veneer, waiting for an answer.

"I could stay awake all night." Veneer added. Ironically, right after saying that, he yawned.

"Well, I am." Ritz said. "You guys could always watch..yourselves? Another time, or maybe in the mirror, I don't care, as long as it's not now because I wanna sleep."

"Looks like someone's a bit grumpy." Velvet teased. "Why are you even here, Interviewer boy whose name I've forgotten."

"Because -"

"He's homeless." Veneer interrupted.

Ritz looked at him in absolute shock. He was 100% not homeless. He had a decent amount of money. He was a famous interviewer. The only reason he was staying with Veneer was to spend time with him. The whole story about his sister trashing his place? It was a lie. He just wanted to stay with Veneer and spend some time with him.

Ritz opened his mouth to speak when Velvet interrupted him.

"Awh, I kinda feel bad for him. What did you say his name was again? Reece?"

"It's Ritz." Ritz rolled his eyes. "Yknow what? I'm going home. I don't like how you act when you're near your sister Veneer. It's a bit concerning that you think you have to change just for her."

Before Veneer could say anything, Ritz walked away but stopped in the doorway.

"By the way, Velvet. Veneer's gay." And with that, Ritz walked out the door.

It was now Veneer with his jaw dropped and his eyes wide open in shock.

"YOU'RE WHAT!?"

~

It had now been a month since the...incident... Veneer had realised what he did was wrong and kicked out Velvet (He bought her a small apartment and gave her weekly pocket money to buy food and clothes) and the bond between Ritz and Veneer was stronger than ever. They went on a date once a week and adopted another pet monkey, a friend for Gurt (Ritz was very much against this idea, but Veneer insisted) and named 'him' "Sir flounder"(you'll see why I've put quotation marks around him later.)

Veneer was sitting on the sofa, and Ritz had just gotten up to use the loo(bathroom for you non-british queens and kings)

"Uhm...Veneer? You might wanna see this..." Ritz called out.

Veneer walked into the bathroom.

"What's wrong?" Veneer questioned."Ewww, what the f*ck is that?"

"I believe that is a baby monkey... and I don't think Sir Flounder is a Sir..."

"So what do we do about... that...?" Veneer questioned with a hint of disgust in his voice.

~~~
Wordcount: 982

Sorry for the short chapter. I just wanted to get this out ASAP.