Veneers Birthday

Started: 16th Feb 2024 16:59
Goal: 1.5k words[Failed]
~
Today was a special day. Veneer was turning 16, meaning he could now :
Get married.
Enter into a civil partnership.
Consent to lawful sexual intercourse(nope not happening. I'm not writing about that, maybe another time).
Leave home without your parents' /guardians' consent.
Apply for your own home through your local council.
Have access to many more banking facilities, including all adult services, except overdrafts and credit.
Get a drivers license(which he somehow already has).
(Yes, this was copy pasted from Google. I'm not american. I don't know what you can do at 16 in america)
But this isn't America, this is mount rageous(which is probably in america)

It was around 10:30am and Ritz had made Veneer some breakfast. Pancakes. They tasted like absolute shit but of course, Veneer wasn't gonna tell him that. Right?

"So, how are you pancakes?" Ritz gave him a loving smile.

"My mother always said, 'if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it'."

"Are they really that bad?" Ritz frowned. "I can order you something if you want."

Veneer was a good boyfriend and a good person. Despite the pancakes still being raw, he shoved them in his mouth and attempted to swallow.

"You good there, Veneer?" Ritz looked at his gagging and heaving boyfriend with a concerned face. "You don't have to finish it, y'know."

Finally, after washing it down with a carton of orange juice, Veneer manages to swallow it. He turns to his boyfriend and smiles.

"But I wanted to. You worked hard on it, and it's not like it'll kill me. Plus, I didn't wanna hurt your feelings.." Veneer frowned

"You already did the moment you said,'If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it."

"My bad, sorry." Veneer walks up to Ritz and hugs him tightly. "You truly are the best boyfriend ever, aren't you."

The green haired boy places a hand on his partners cheek and gives him a soft kiss to which his partner accepts by wrapping his arms around him, pulling him closer.

Veneer pulls away and smiles.

"So what have you planned for my special day?" Veneer questioned

Ritz rolls his eyes. "Who says I have anything planned?"

"The mass amounts of balloons and decor that you've 'sneakily hidden' in the guest room."

"Why do you love to spoil every suprise for yourself?" Ritz says in a disappointed tone.

"Because I love surprises!" Veneer beams

"You do realise suprise means an unexpected event, right?"

"Yes, and?"

"So if you love spoiling every suprise for yourself because you love surprises, how does that make sense?" Ritz raises an eyebrow.

"Well then, in that case, I love prizes."

Ritz rolls his eyes once again.

"Stay right here."

"Well, where else would I go?" Veneer replied in his usual annoying tone.

Ritz runs upstairs before returning with a bucket load of drugs. I'm just kidding. He doesn't return. Instead, he switches off all the lights.

"Erm... Ritz... what did you do?"

Silence.

"Ritz?"

"Ritz, this isn't funny. Seriously, where are you?"

----
SORRY IK THIS IS SHORT BUT I WANTED TO GET IT OUT QUICK