Chapter 14: Suspicions

I wasn't sure how strong I was now, so I'm sure Shelby will stay knocked out for at least a while. For now, I was going back home.

Once there, I walked into the living room. I saw Kira on the couch, watching TV, and she looked back at me.

"There you are. Get along with Shelby?" She asked, turning her head back to the TV.

"Something like that." I muttered, walking out of the living room.

Making my way to the garage now, once there, I opened the garage door and walked inside. I closed the door behind me and began rummaging through the shelves to my right.

"Rope, rope.....where is the rope?" I muttered as I looked through more shelves. The more I looked through them, I found I couldn't find any rope.

Looking at the shelves behind me that I hadn't gone through, I walked towards them and began looking through those shelves.

For some reason an axe was laying in one of them.

I was about to give up until I saw something in one of the far left end bottom shelves. Walking towards it, I saw it looked like rope. Was it? Sometimes our eyes will make you see something else. When I bent down to take it, my left hand wrapped around it, and when I pulled it out of the shelf and to eye level, it was just that. Light brown rope. Just what I needed.

Setting it on the car behind me, I put my backpack on the ground and unzipped it. I took hold of the rope once more, then time putting it in my backpack. I zipped it back up, slinging it around my shoulders and walked out of the garage.

I looked at Himeko and Kira, both of whom were pretty engrossed in the TV in whatever show they were watching.

"Good. They won't notice I'm gone."

I walked towards the front door and exited it again, closing it softly behind me just in case either of them would hear it. For all I know they still think I'm in the house.

I walked away from the house and towards the edge of town. I walked past Shelby's house and walked into the woods. She was still on the ground, unconscious, and where I had left her.

Picking her arms up, I dragged her deeper into the woods. I didn't care that I was dragging her through dirt or getting her or myself dirty. I turned to my left and walked past all the trees that surrounded me, eventually finding one in what I would say was the deepest part of the woods.

I leaned her against the tree I found; a big, dark tree, in the back of the woods. Bark was chipping off and some had already fallen to the floor around the tree.

Putting my backpack on the floor, I unzipped it and began tying Shelby up. I positioned her in a way where here feet weren't touching the ground, and then I wrapped the rope tighter around her. 

Zipping my backpack up, I slung it back around my shoulders and stepped back, looking at how I tied Shelby to the tree. I walked back towards the tree and circled around it. Everything looked fine. I doubt she could get out of it unless someone else found her and untied her from the tree.

Yup. Time for me to come back to her later. I walked back to my house and walked inside, noticing Kira and Himeko were no longer watching TV on the couch. Must be asleep or getting ready to sleep.

Getting my nightshirt from my room, I carried it to the washing machine. I threw my black sweater into the washing machine, then my pants, and put my nightshirt on. I started a new load, putting them in for 15 minutes, and then in the dryer for another 15. I went up to my room to wait until I looked through Kira's door, noticing she was on her phone.

"I thought you'd be asleep." I said, walking into her room. Kira looked up from her phone, noticed me, and then looked back down to it.

"Oh. No, I'm not tired yet."

"W research?"

"Yeah." Said Kira, nodding her head.

"Yeah, I think you're gonna need it now." I said, walking out of her room. I made my way back to the laundry room, and hearing the ding of the drying machine from outside the room was all I needed. I walked into the room and took out my pants from the drying machine, looking them over. They looked good as new, so I folded them up, then took out my sweater.

I folded that up as well. Closing the drying machine's door, I took my clothes to my room.

"Why are you holding your clothes? Aren't they clean?" Kira asked, noticing me from on her bed. I continued walking past her door.

"They are now."

"Eh?"

I didn't respond to her. I continued walking to my room, putting my clothes in my dresser. I put my night pants on. After shutting off my light, I got in bed. I didn't like Shelby, and I did feel a bit bad about the fact I would slowly be eating her for the next few days, but I could no longer help it anymore.
********
In the dream I had that night, all I could remember was Kira following me around. I didn't know what it meant, but when I woke up the next morning, it was to Kira standing over me, arms crossed.

"It's past 12, Neon. You gotta get up." She said.

"How long have you been standing there for?"

"Just now."

I sat up in bed, noticing Kira's eyes following me as I did so. Then she sat down on my bed, her eyes now fixed on the floor.

"Hey Neon, I've been curious. You've never liked Shelby and she's never liked you." Kira said, lifting her eyes from the floor and turning them to me.

"So why did you walk to her home with her, and what took you so long to come back here?"

End chapter