Going On A Little Trip (Melissa/Wheeze)

I hear the phone ring beside me on the desk. I raise my head and look at it sighing. "Hello, Morris P.I., Melissa speaking." I say in my best customer service voice.

"Hey, Mel. It's me, Andre. Not to alarm you but, uh... I kinda need your help." Andre says sounding worried.

"Oh, hey. What did somebody get kidnapped again?" I joke, slightly laughing.

"Well... um." He says hissing through his teeth.

"Did somebody actually get kidnapped again?" I say worried.

"Maybe, I don't know. But probably."

"Andre! Tell me the details. What happened? Where? Who is it?" I say grabbing a notepad and pen.

"Ok, so it's Wheeze. He went to a convention in Nevada nearly 2 weeks ago. To sell his art, stories and whatnot. But he hasn't come home or answered his phone." He says trying to sound calm.

"Ok, could he be taking a vacation? Maybe he just doesn't want to talk to you."

"No, no one can reach him. I've already filled a missing person's report with the police there."

"Then let them do their job."

"Melissa! It's been almost 2 weeks. I want to know where my brother is. I'll pay you. Like as an actual case. Don't you care about him anymore?"

"I really shouldn't. There is a reason you don't take cases you're connected to. I have my job to worry about. I can't just travel to Nevada."

"Melissa, please. You worked on your dad's case. I need my brother."

"Ok, first of all. The police didn't believe my dad's case. And you're the ones who kidnapped him. Secondly, I ended up being kidnapped too. And thirdly, I had a bunch of nerds help me. But, ok, fine. You need to tell the police I'm coming. And only to help them. I'll be there tomorrow."

"Ok, got it. Thank you. See ya!"

"Yeah, bye." I say hanging up.

'Oh god. Nevada, here I come.' I think standing up, grabbing my jacket and walking out to my car.

~

I leave the airport and hop in my rental car, driving to the police station.

"Morning miss. How can I help you today?" The lady at the front desk says.

"Morris P.I., I'm here for a missing person's case." I say showing her my business card.

"Ah, of course, follow me." She says smiling as she stands up and walks down the hallway.

She knocks and opens the door with a quick "In here." Before leaving back to her desk.

Two male officers turn to look at me. "And you are?" One of the officers says.

"Melissa Morris, Morris P.I." I say holding my hand out for him to shake.

He takes my hand shaking it. "Aren't you a little young to be a P.I.?" He asks.

I laugh a little. "I thwarted a kidnapping, while also being kidnapped at 15. I graduated a year early from both high school and university. So yeah, probably. Now, am I allowed to see what you guys have on this case?" I say sternly but politely.

He chuckles and turns back to the table where his partner is looking over the case. "This is everything we have. It's not much but yeah. This is the last place we believe the victim was last seen."

"Victim? He's not....?" I question worried.

"Oh! No, no. We believe him to be very much alive. This is Marcus Torres. 24 years old. 5'10" medium build-"