Ducks Fly Together (Fulton Reed)

This is a modern Fulton Reed X Reader story. Also, Y/N has a sibling-like friendship with Charlie.

Warning for abusive ex.

----------------------

Y/N is the Duck's biggest fan, ok maybe they don't know much about hockey but they still support their friends whenever they can. And the Ducks, they'd do anything for Y/N. Especially Charlie and Fulton, both of whom are very protective but for very different reasons.

-----------

"Yeah, go ducks!" I scream. I run down the stairs towards the barrier and bash on the window. "You guys did it! Whoo Hoo!"

The ducks in the bench box turn around and cheer. They all then skate out onto the ice to celebrate.

I begin walking to the locker room and wait outside it. "Y/N!" "Y/N/N!" The team calls as they walk past into the room.

"Hey, good game guys. I'll meet you after." I say to them.

After they change we all walk outside and chat for a little before we all part ways.

"See you guys later!" I say waving. Connie and Julie give me a hug, and Charlie ruffles my hair.

I walk home, happy that my friends won. With a smile on my face, I turn the corner of my fence and look up at my front door. My smile drops. "R-Rob?!"

He runs down, grabs my wrists and screams in my face. "Where were you? Huh? I've been waiting forever. Whatever! You're coming with me." He yells, dragging me down the path.

"No! I don't want to, let me GO! Leave me alone." I thrash around squealing angrily.

"Listen here bitch, you're gonna do what I say or else!" He threatens, pulling harder against me as I dig my feet into the ground.

"LET! ME! GO!" I yell stomping on his foot.

He let go of me with a yelp of pain. Without taking a moment to think I take off running.

"Come back here bitch!" He yells.

I don't look back, I run and run. Long after I stop hearing footsteps behind me. My legs grow tired and my lungs burn. I stop to catch my breath looking to my left to find a bookstore. I rush in and quickly pace to the back of the bookstore, sitting on the floor hiding behind a bookshelf.

I take out my phone and click on the contact labelled Char Bro.

Y/N - HELP

C - Y/N what's up?

Y/N - He's back
Rob!
Grabbed me
I ran
At bookstore
Rikki's
Can't breathe

C - On my way
...
Telling the others
Hold tight, we're coming for you!

I stare at my phone, for I don't know how long, tears in my eyes, knees to my chest.

I feel someone kneeling next to me. "Hey, are you alright?" I jump and turn to the lady. I see her apron with the name tag 'Joy'

"S-sorry, I... My ex. I needed..." I stumble out an apology, still trying to catch my breath.

"Hey, hey. It's alright. You can stay here, ok? Do you need me to call anyone?" She asks softly, patting down my fizzled hair.

I shake my head and hold up my phone. "Friends... On their way." She nods.

We hear a thump at the window and I hug my knees closer, hiding my head. Joy stands up and looks at the commotion.

"Two guys with hockey sticks, bandanas. Good or bad?" She asks looking down at me.

I look up and take a deep breath. "Good!" I say trying to stand up.